Coco Butter

How much does it usually cost. It sounds really awesome, but I'm broke :blush:

Thank you BabyJ!!!! I'll def. look out for it!!

Originally posted by thinkpink@Aug 19 2004, 08:23 PM
How much does it usually cost. It sounds really awesome, but I'm broke :blush:
[snapback]338994[/snapback]​

Thepink,

The cost of coco butter is about 5$ a tub. It is fairly cheap and works wonders. I have a friend who ashes around the elbow and knees and she spends killer amounts of money on creams and it does nothing. She tried cocobutter for a week and is in love with it! :smile:

Anna,

Your welcome!

It's cocoa

I've been using Palmer's and its still really good.. but after reading this ill check out the 'real' stuff now :lol:

i love it!!! after the shower i use soooo much i look radioactive. the sheen is to die for, it last a long time too. more than body oil or lotion :wink:

Is anybody bought this amazing cocoa butter in skandinavia`?? I really want to try it! I think the bodyshop sells some cocoa butter but is it the real one?

so, typically how long does it take cocoa butter to get rid of a scar...i recently burned my hand cooking...its a small small scar...so how long do you think it will take the cocoa butter to work its magic?

It's not going to work in a flash, but you will surely see the scar starting to fade probably in a week or two :wink:

okay mine is pretty hard in the container it says to soak it in warm/hot water how soft is it suppose to get?

Originally posted by Bonchic@Aug 30 2004, 03:47 PM
okay mine is pretty hard in the container it says to soak it in warm/hot water how soft is it suppose to get?
[snapback]350568[/snapback]​

untill you exact oil from it.......the consistancy is almost like the residue vaseline leaves....

never heard of soaking it tho' but im new to the stuff.....mine just starts melting
with skin contact.

So I was doing some searching on the internet about this stuff and it is just awesome. So many pluses it has for a person.

I decided to search for cocao butter and hair products.

For everyone on here who complains their hair is dry and has a lot of fly aways or is damaged from over processing...

There is a product called Karatines Shampoo and Conditioner.

The shampoos is made with Shea Milk and the Conditioner with Shea Butter. It works wonders, my hair is getting all sorts of compliments with me using this not to mention the smell is heavenly.

The product isn't that expensive at all, the shampoo is about 10$ while the conditioner is about 15$. (Mind you I couldn't find a normal sized bottle so I got a pretty big one....)

Give it a try if you don't like your hairs misbehaving :smile:

The Body Shop puts out an excellent Cocoa Butter stick. My friend used it when she was pregnant and never got one stretch mark even though she gained more than 50lbs.

wow, I was searching on my msn for fashion stuff, and saw this site. I'm definitely glad I found it! So many wonderful tips that i've seen so far. But, not to get off topic,I have two questions:

1.) Can I find the real cocoa butter in vitamin world, pharmacy or where else? Also, to make sure I have the correct one when I go shopping for it, it's in a tub not a tube,correct? How do you use it? Or is it pretty self explainatory?[sp?]
2.) "Babyj", You mentioned the Karatines Shampoo and Conditioner. Where can I get it?

thank you all in advance! :]

Originally posted by Spring_Fever@Oct 13 2004, 11:30 PM
The Body Shop puts out an excellent Cocoa Butter stick. My friend used it when she was pregnant and never got one stretch mark even though she gained more than 50lbs.
[snapback]396161[/snapback]​
That stick is perfect! I use it for dry lips, on my hands in the winter (at night) on my legs to keep them from getting dry...the use is just limited by your imagination really.anybody else tried the Body Shop cocoa butter stick?

Hey Amber,

You can buy cocoa butter in the pharmacy section at Wal-Mart, you can buy it in any pharmacy. I wouldn't know about having it at the vitamin shop. Its pretty self explanatory. You just rub it on. I like to use it after my shower to make me smell all chocolately throughout the day, or if I'm going out that night, I put some on the areas of the skin that show, it gives you a nice gloss without making you overly greasy.

I bought the Karatine Shampoo at Pharmaprix (Shoppers Drug Mart) in Canada but I am sure that you can get it at any pharmacy.

And welcome to tFS!

I've been using cocoa butter for my skin for a long time now...and love it :heart:

I didn't know that you could usie it for acne too, though. DO you just put it on the pimple? Has this worked for other people?

OH MY GOD! After reading this post, I remembered that I had a ration of cocoa butter stashed somewhere in my room. I actually found 4 cocoa butter sticks and 3 big tubs, all from the Body Shop. But from what I've read so far, I would advice you to go to the pharmacy to get cocoa butter. I paid $16 for one stick alone. PLUS it's not even pure as the ingredients read: cyclomethicone, theobroma cacao, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, parfum... that does not sound very natural to me at all.

Its sure on my Christmas list now after reading all these reviews. I tend to have VERY dry skin especially during the winter. I must give it a try...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->