Coco Nuts

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From style.com
NEW YORK, January 6 – Not many fashion classics are still going strong after half a century, but the boxy tweed jacket Coco Chanel introduced in the early fifties never shows its age. In fact, this season it inspired a legion of youthful emulators. And notoriously prickly though she was, even Mademoiselle might have been flattered by the playful variations on her iconic design in the spring collections.

At Marc Jacobs, tailored tweedy jackets and coats were paired with floaty floral dresses and velvet skirts, petticoats, and grandma boots, adding some grown-up dash to his eclectic mix. In London, Blaak's Sachiko Okada and Aaron Sharif applied a deft deconstructivist touch to that classic shape, while Luella Bartley strung the neckline of a tweedy, passementerie-trimmed jacket with funky pendant beads. Natty nubby jackets also made an appearance at Chloé, Donna Karan, and Proenza Schouler, adding a touch of texture—and a bit of French chic—to the season.

–—Laird Borrelli

I saw this trend coming but I never new it was going to be this big. :shock:

More..

100121992.jpg

It's not only the tweed but Mme. Chanel's sporting shape. :flower:

100121990.jpg

its absolutely a Chanel mood around, Zara & all mass retailers have been stocking -and selling this like hotcakes- since September, it just does not fit my mood for next spring ...
thanks for the photos igni :flower:

i've been looking for a chanelesque jacket for awhile now... but i kind of feel its run it course by now.

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 9th, 2004 - 9:17 am
its absolutely a Chanel mood around, Zara & all mass retailers have been stocking -and selling this like hotcakes- since September, it just does not fit my mood for next spring ...
thanks for the photos igni :flower:
every high street store stocks those jackets now. and i am so happy cause i love it :heart: :woot:

I'm happy about this trend b/c I love Chanel tweed jackets, but they are a little out of my budget...

i lvoe the bagy embelished Luella, its teh only oen thats eems cretaive

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->