Collette Dinnigan @ Fashion Week In March 2004

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by elegantly_patty, Apr 23, 2004.

1. elegantly_patty

elegantly_patty New Member

has anyone seen the autumn/winter 2003-2004 line collette dinnigan released i think it was in paris in march... FTV on cable pitched the show it was a more 40s blending with 60s look very nice!! (she's global although she is an australian designer btw she got the cleo fashion award for best designer of the year)

anyway if you go to the Collette Dinnigan site and click on Last season it will show you the collection i'm talking about.... but i'd like to know what your favourite pieces were?? or if u didnt like it??
    these are a few of my fav...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

love those pieces very simple yet very sexy! and also timeless!

3. versace

versace New Member

Im from AU.. and I love those designs.. im a huge versace fan (obviously) and not really into the olden style looks but im likeing dinnigans stuff!! It's very simplistic, yet classic.. it's a type of conservative sexy i suppose.. But overall, I prefer her celebrity dresses:

My fav was the Halle Berry dress she designed.. what do u think?

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/1649277....7DEADF10CFDD4C1

4. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

i prefer colette dinigan's lingerie to her rtw...it's pretty but i find it unoriginal and derivative... :flower:

5. elegantly_patty

LOVING IT!! i swear for my graduation next yr i would so wear that!!! lol very nice!!!!

6. versace

versace New Member

LOVING IT!! i swear for my graduation next yr i would so wear that!!! lol very nice!!!! [/b][/quote]
    I totally agree!! It's just a plain coloured sheer fabric (sorry dont know the fabric) with beads or sequins.. looks so good.. and i sware you'd be the best dressed there if you wore that to your formal.. remember, most chicks will prob be wearing dresses.. so this shorter dress.. with a bit of fancy detailing will look INCREDIBLE!!!! Oh and its like $4000 so yeh!!

7. Alliecat

Alliecat New Member

Colette Dinigan is originaly an NZ designer, not Australian. :flower:

8. elegantly_patty

lol sorrry, we all family anyway arent we????

9. Amélie

Amélie New Member

hey Versace...i'm aussie too, welcome to TFS...i'm from perth, feel free to PM if u need anything ;) .

hehe, all aussies will claim new zealanders as their own... but yeh...dinnigan is now married in oz.

i don't really think much of her stuff is innovation, nothing on a international market ground breaking scale...but yeh, i've seen heaps of her garmet and they are so beautifully made...and they look gorgeous on the red carpet.