color & pattern

Reaction score
Recently I've received a lot of flak for my occassional combination of shirt and necktie. One person going so far as too tell me pointedly that I must be colourblind (ta very much).

I've included pics of what more than one have had problems with. I'm not saying it's a great combo, but wouldn't think it bad enough to atract atention, much less open criticism.

The pics aren't great quality. The necktie and shirt are pretty well shown. (shirt blue horizontal and vertical stripes on white; tie blue, yellow and black diagonal stripes) The suit is a darker grey I suppose, with a minor pinstripe/stripe. Essentially charcoal grey and looks a solid colour til up close.

Is this an innapropriate mixing of colour and pattern? I've already decided it's not, but apparently my opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans. So any back up would be appreciated:flower: ...anyone who thinks it's crap can keep they're mouths shut, thank you very much. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• colour  and pattern suited up.jpg
    colour and pattern suited up.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 2
  • colour and pattern suited up 2.jpg
    colour and pattern suited up 2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 2
(bringing it back to the top)

Oh come on folks! I posted this two days ago and still nowt.

Somebody back me up....please.

this thread needs a bump* ^_^
interesting topic

i think it's a great match design-wise because.. there are both "squares" in the prints but one is coloured and the other is just line-work...
so i don't know how to explain why i find it a fun idea

I agree with gius... but my question is... why do you even care what people think? If you feel comfortable... just wear what you want.

You really found an old one, gius :wink:

I can certainly understand why people were commenting. I'd vote no on this ... for one thing, it's business wear, so people shouldn't get dizzy looking at you. I think it's theoretically possible to combine two essentially "plaids," but it's certainly tricky and doesn't appear to have been successful here ... IMHO :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->