Colored metallic bags

Yasmin

Reaction score
....are they done, for a while? Have you reached your saturation point?

I have a large tote in metallic lavender and silver accents. I got it over a year ago but it's been in storage. Nice classic shape but with all this shine, not to mention, purple, it can go very easily to the tacky side. I'm thinking of breaking it out with darker neutral outfits (gray, charcoal, black, maybe brown), maybe some small silver or gunmetal sandals. I thought I'd enjoy how the bag catches the light in the summer months.

But, I haven't really been keeping up with the trends - is colored metallic overplayed at this point? is everyone sick of seeing metallic everywhere? I'm not going to rid of it, but perhaps I should retire this bag for a while in favor of my other summer bags and bring it out when it's more fresh.

(btw I guess it might go well with the whole AA 80's revival that I think is still going on but that's not really my thing, with my statement pieces I try to play the tacky *down*)

Your thoughts appreciated :flower:

btw, looking at the other threads in this forum, sorry if I have misfiled this post! Please move it if so. My question is about the current status of this trend, though, and I could not find anything on colored metallic bags.... and only a thread on metallic bags last touched in 2006! But maybe I should have added to that. Please excuse my poor protocol, I've been away from TFS for quite a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well honestly, I'd say that if you like the bag, use it, because at the end of theday it's down to your own personal style. However, you're definetely right, metallic can go tacky very quickly, so if you're going to use the bag, wear it with a slightly less risque outfit and leave the bag to do the talking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->