Combining brown and black

NIKKA

Reaction score
I wonder if there is still a hard and fast rule about the brown/black don't mix in an outfit rule.

i think black and brown look great together, so does brown with pale dust pink, i'd wear them easily :wink:

me too... when was it ever a dont?

Years ago , I thought I read somewhere that it was a no..no which was why I had avoided that combination for years but I see celebrities wearing brown and black now and it looked pretty good. I'm wearing dark brown and a dusky pink right now :flower:

I love mixing brown and black!! mostlywhen working, I wear a black longsleeved shirt and black pants with this caramel brown laceup shoes with matching belt, and it looks great, and if im going out, I add a little brown blazer or a white one to make an impact...rules were meant to be broken! :lol:

I think they look great to gether, also brown goes well with pink, beig and orange

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Oct 7th, 2003 - 8:05 pm
I think they look great to gether, also brown goes well with pink, beig and orange
I agree, brown goes so well with pink - especially a lighter pink. Love the combo!

I also love a dark brown with mint green - one of my personal favorite combinations.

i love dark brown with lavender... or a darker baby blue.

and i love black with navy!

Originally posted by Alejandro@Oct 7th, 2003 - 3:39 pm
I love mixing brown and black!! mostlywhen working, I wear a black longsleeved shirt and black pants with this caramel brown laceup shoes with matching belt, and it looks great, and if im going out, I add a little brown blazer or a white one to make an impact...rules were meant to be broken! :lol:
wow, sounds really cool, Alejandro :smile: very stylish.

Brown and black together can be very chic. And who has tried Spanx reversable brown/black tights for winter? GORGEOUS! :heart: :woot:

I love mixing brown with black. It's a very classic combo that will never go out of style. I have a wool coffee-colored skirt with chocolate piping and I pair it with a rich black turtleneck and I always get tons of compliments. :wink:

Originally posted by Serena+Oct 7th, 2003 - 11:29 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serena @ Oct 7th, 2003 - 11:29 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Oct 7th, 2003 - 3:39 pm
wow, sounds really cool, Alejandro :smile: very stylish. [/b][/quote]
Thanks Serena! :heart:

last night I was wearing black cords with a black turtleneck, and a brown distressed fitted peacoat, and matching suede shoes...it looked too good for Miami :lol: :lol:

I felt like I've missed out on so many brown/black combinations because of a silly article I don't even remember where I read it . :( I'm glad I have this board :heart: to answer all my fashion questions :flower:

Love brown and black, its very mixable.

Thanks for posting this Nikka. I too have been afraid to mix the two but will give it a try now. Thanks ladies!!!

Two days ago I was wearing a pair of Chocolate brown buttoned hem pants with a black shirt with a big brown silk belt on waist, and indian leather flip flops, for a beach party, and the combination looked amazing :woot:

I personally hate brown, dark chestnut brown.

beige and black, on the other hand, looks clean and simple. if you're afraid of them looking too "corporate" or "comformed", add them with some interesting accessories, they oftentime look very "pull together".

I think brown and black look great together. Just one simple little rule I have, though: Never wear brown on top, only on bottom. :wink:

A few visuals of CBK's brown/black ensembles:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->