Comfortable Heels Suggestions Needed!

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by MayaPapaya9, Jul 30, 2004.

1. MayaPapaya9

MayaPapaya9 New Member

At Guess our dress code requires that we have heels on at all times, and my shifts can run for five to eight hours, so I need to find some comfortable shoes that still look cute and can match different outfits. Or if you know of a style that comes in several different colors that would work too. If you could even reccommend a certain store that would be great. Consider it your good deed for the day, as you will be saving my poor feet from much discomfort!!! :flower:

2. oceanharlot

oceanharlot stories everywhere

try some thin wedges. All the support of a solid shoe, but tall and with the back silloutte of a stiletto.

3. socaligurl80

socaligurl80 New Member

Also get a pair of INSOLIAS, they sell them at any pharmacy (at least CVS and walgreens do) you can stick them to your heels and will shift your weight so your day is more bearable.

Wedges are definitely a good idea, but another good idea is to wear closed toe shoes, such as botties. Get them 1/2 size larger than your normal size and wear them with socks. Socks can be a lifesaver. :D

4. socaligurl80

socaligurl80 New Member

Oh, and make sure you take your shoes to get them padded on the bottom (the outside part) for extra cushion and make sure the shoes don't make too much noise. That means the shoe is very "hard" and will make an extra impact on your foot making it more uncomfortable.

5. sofialuv

sofialuv |/mirror queen\|

Why don´t you try aerosoles? They have some nice heeled shoes that are very confortable.

6. MichelleYue

MichelleYue New Member

I think black platform pumps would be the best. Very versatile and the platform will make the heel a lot shorter than they appear. :smile:

7. Zarina

Zarina Noblesse oblige

^I agree on the platforms. The low version of the YSL tributes are SO comfortable and doesn't feel high at all. I was wearing the sandals yesterday and walking quite long, but it didn't hurt at all although I have very sensible feet.

8. whatever2

whatever2 New Member

I also agree on the platforms! It's really odd because, like you mentioned, it doesn't feel like you're wearing crazy high heels, when you really are!
    They provide good support, and feel sturdy. At least if you buy a pair from a quality brand :wink:!

9. luckyme

luckyme Active Member

a nice even wedge is always a good choice, and I second the aerosole recommendation. the shoes are supremely comfortable, worth a try.

10. SusanSuperstar

Agree, I think platform wedges are the most comfortable shoes.

11. littlecoco

littlecoco New Member

wedges are the best by far heel-wise! I can't believe you have to wear heels all day on your feet! what torture! good luck, tell us what shoe lasts all day without killing you too much

12. jcloud

jcloud New Member

wedges and platforms are lifesavers for sure, but I am wearing a pair by Costume National right now that are so comfortable! and they are a 3" heel. For a more affordable option, I have heard Nine West shoes are quite comfortable but I've never tried myself.

13. tomato8

tomato8 New Member

ive heard that cole haan shoes with nike air are pretty comfy. i think some of the styles are a bit matronly but they do have a few cute ones.

14. pavement

pavement New Member

My most comfortable heels are Loeffler Randalls... I believe they're around 2.5" high, but they look great.

15. lollicandy

lollicandy Active Member

Chie Mihara shoes (of all heights) are super comfortable. If you can get a pair on sale or with a code it's not that bad. Plus they will last a very long time; very durable and well made.

Also, I bought a pair of insoles from Scholls that had a stiff arch support. It made a world of difference, I can't even explain it.

16. masquerade

masquerade God Save McQueen

their shoes are very comfortable. and most of their styles are pretty cute, i don't really think of them as a matronly brand, just a lot of basics

17. kmccormi

kmccormi New Member

I read that pregnant celebs such as Angelina wear shoes by Taryn Rose, who was an orthopedic surgeon turned shoe designer. She now makes fashion-forward shoes that are comfortable, even on a pregnant woman like Angelina. I believe they're pretty pricey, though.