Comme des Garçons F/W 10.11 Paris

There is no denying the fact that this particular collection harks-back to her lumps and bumps collection....which started thousands and thousands of suggestions, perceptions, articles, and theory's about the concept of form, and construction.

Again, such as her L/B's collection..it questions our perceptions about what we determine to be sexy, or repulsive.

It questions what we as a society perceive as "normal" as far as form, silouette...masculine, feminine, etc.

Merce Cunningham, a famous dance choreographer, and conceptual performer...was intrigued with Rei's L/B's collection. His interest didn't concern much about the collections wearability, but moreso....the silouette's that the pieces made from different angles...such as the side-view. What he loved was its un-expectancy.

We, as a soceity have been socially conditioned to expect a typical hour-glass figure on a female form....materials and cuts are meant to be extremely fitted at the waist...never bulky or over pronounced....padded bra's and padded-shoulders are un-arguably ok....but to deliberately inflate, (or pad) one's backside or the derrier...is typicly not socially acceptable...they're typicly avoided. This collection, and he previous lumps and bumps collection....questions all of us...."why".

Even though I refuse to be a fan of Comme des Garcons whatsoever, I did enjoy this collection quite a bit, and also last Fall Winter alongside.

Classic CDG ....
and deliciously Louise Bourgeois ....

But same comment than MP ....

We, as a soceity have been socially conditioned to expect a typical hour-glass figure on a female form....materials and cuts are meant to be extremely fitted at the waist...never bulky or over pronounced....padded bra's and padded-shoulders are un-arguably ok....but to deliberately inflate, (or pad) one's backside or the derrier...is typicly not socially acceptable...they're typicly avoided. This collection, and he previous lumps and bumps collection....questions all of us...."why".

There has been scientific reports that suggest the hourglass figure denotes fertility and attractiveness to the male species and hence leads to procreation. That may be why clothing that enhances the hourglass effect is deemed more flattering to the human eye. Likewise clothing like Comme that obliterates that form will likely never become mainstream.

How awe-inspiring is this woman... Even after over 30 years on the very edge, she is still on the very edge. While Matsuda and Issey Miyake are gone, and Yohji is not bad, but definitely not great, Rei continues to captivate and inspire me with her strong Mad Professor experiments that never even comes close to some caricature of fashion, like Walter Van Beirendonck or the mess that is now the once ferocious Vivienne Westwood.

Lead on Rei.

I love love this collection myself :heart: I don't mind the bumps :lol: and I love the headpieces.

some of the pieces are on Colette :wub:

colette.fr

I want these chelsea-boots. I want the pillow-stuff for men!

Thank you for sharing.

I have to say, that the colette site is SO awful. It's a hell to browse through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->