Comme des Garçons F/W 2021.22 Tokyo

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Mar 22, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

Phuel likes this.
  2. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Was expecting more 5th-grade children's costumes of cupcake/banana/grapes silliness. But instead this somewhat return to form of the classic graphic Comme universe with a folkloric Peruvian/South American silhouette is lovely. Wished there were pants to go with the suit jackets, but this is good enough. I’ll take it.

3. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Inching back towards reality once again? I like that she kept away from color and print, but I would be lying if I said the collection ellicits much in me. Neither good, nor bad...which is actually terrible when it comes to Comme.

The very rigid looking bulbous skirts are bringing back painful memories of Rousteing's "pearl" skirts for his Haute Couture debut...

What I do find offensive is the quality of the lookbook, it looks very cheap, that smoke and the funky background remind me of a bad magic show. This is their 40th anniversary collection (since debuting in Paris) ...they could have put more effort and resources into the presentation!

4. fakeawake

fakeawake Well-Known Member

Rei does the shape right though. Olivier - like a phillistine - made it a perfect sphere. it looks like Rei's are smoothed down so it's more like a pebble shape. It's like a padded caplet.

Eh it's just more traditional couture shapes with black chiffon and tattered hems... usual CDG. Not to say that's a bad thing.

YohjiAddict likes this.
  5. 90sFan

90sFan Active Member

like always, the best!

6. Machinegumm

Machinegumm Active Member

I like it. Maybe she's going back to making clothes again. Fingers crossed!

7. Uemarasan

Uemarasan Active Member

Time to move on from using this particular phrasing in your seasonal criticism of CDG, bro. It’s been years now. It’s almost comical.

#7 Uemarasan, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Phuel likes this.
  8. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

^^^ LOL I agree the silly trolling toddler costumes were getting comically tiresome to see for so many Seasons. Glad Rei thinks so as well and moving towards/back to the mastery of Comme’s signature forms.