Comme des Garçons Homme Plus Mens Fall 2019

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Perickles, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Perickles

Perickles Well-Known Member

2. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

As much as I love punk and gothic styles, my first reaction when seeing this collection was "again???".
    I´ve lost count of how many times I have seen similar collections at CDG and Junya Watanabe...they could explore variants like cyber-punk or steam-punk, for a tiny little change...

3. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

It’s beautiful, well made, maybe more commercial than in recent seasons but it’s very « meh » at the same time.
    As @jeanclaude said, it’s a very common theme for CDG but more than that, it’s a very common way for Rei to explore the theme.
    The perverse styling might give a new twist but it’s not enough in a way.

Not a standout. A good decent collection...

jeanclaude likes this.
  4. EstefaniaAbaddon

EstefaniaAbaddon Well-Known Member

Why is this sudden comeback to goth/"corpsepaint"/long haired models? Did the fashion troops watch «Lord Of Chaos» or something?

This looks extremely outdated and costume-like in a very sloppy way. When you take apart the styling, analysing each piece individually, you are left with nothing but cliché basics and very little to talk about. Cycling shorts, velvet pants and net tops? Groundbreaking...

I expect more from Rei.

jeanclaude likes this.