Comme Des Garçons S/S 2004 - Paris

Originally posted by Acid+Oct 9th, 2003 - 3:51 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Acid @ Oct 9th, 2003 - 3:51 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 9th, 2003 - 8:23 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Acid
@Oct 9th, 2003 - 2:46 pm
sorry but i think this is awful. :blink:

:lol: I would have figured so, Acid. :wink: :heart:
:lol: to me this collection is a complete JOKE

c'mon........whats happened to REAL fashion :blink:[/b][/quote]
I don't think it's meant to be just a collection. It's artistic and has integrity. Rei isn't out there to make a quick buck like other designers. I think Versace and Cavalli collections are a joke, but I never say it anymore b/c it's not constructive. To me this is real fashion. <shrugs>

i dont even LIKE versace or cavalli, Astrid :lol:

to me, shows like this comme des garcons one are just FASHION......creative but not STYLE. i like Chanel and Valentino......to me they are REAL designers, their clothes have a purpose and can be worn for decades and still look great.

fashion is a business, not a busymess

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 9th, 2003 - 4:02 pm
i dont even LIKE versace or cavalli, Astrid :lol:

to me, shows like this comme des garcons one are just FASHION......creative but not STYLE. i like Chanel and Valentino......to me they are REAL designers, their clothes have a purpose and can be worn for decades and still look great.

fashion is a business, not a busymess
I didn't say you did, Acid. I was pointing out designers who I think are a complete joke. This wasn't a stab at you. :heart:

And I agree about CDG being style, not being so-called 'fashion'. Fashion means different things to different people. I think you and I have different ideas about what fashion is. You see it as a business, and so do I to a point, but then it has to have something else behind it. I think you have to have real style to wear CDG. B)

i actually wrote CDG is JUST FASHION and NOT STYLE :lol:

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 9th, 2003 - 4:18 pm
Well, I guess I read it wrong but you get the idea. B)

Fashion means different things to different people. I think you and I have different ideas about what fashion is. You see it as a business, and so do I to a point, but then it has to have something else behind it. I think you have to have real style to wear CDG.

^ This still applies to the conversation.
:wink:

I'm certain that I would wear those skirts! They have a purpose to me!

This is an astonishingly beatiful collection, there is a stroung religious feeling about it, its so abstracta nd pure with out every beging simple or minimal. This is one of the best collections I ahve seen in years :heart:

Rei is a genius :heart:

Thsi collection expresses so mcuh with out puting any thing in literal terms , its divine , truely :heart:

:unsure: I dunno... I dont wanna sound like a groupie, but I agree with Sean...

Originally posted by Acid@Oct 9th, 2003 - 2:18 pm
hwo is it just fashion ,its not following any trends at all, its focused on experimentation and individuality, not following trends or conserning her self with what other people are doing

VIVA LA AVANT GARDE!

Originally posted by Alejandro@Oct 9th, 2003 - 9:38 pm
:unsure: I dunno... I dont wanna sound like a groupie, but I agree with Sean...
I don't want to sound like a groupie either but I agree with Sean and Alejandro... Blech!

I don't understand what is so horrific about skirts. :ninja: I guess people wish to see fashion go in a more commercial direction, but I appreciate Rei's vision.

Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 9th, 2003 - 8:08 pm
I don't understand what is so horrific about skirts. :ninja: I guess people wish to see fashion go in a more commercial direction, but I appreciate Rei's vision.
people are scared of things that are unconventional and un marketable, theas skirts are pushing bondaries of silouhet and construction with little mind for how ever much money it will make.

im with you rei's vision is amazing :heart:

Originally posted by Acid+Oct 10th, 2003 - 3:34 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Acid @ Oct 10th, 2003 - 3:34 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@Oct 10th, 2003 - 2:57 am

VIVA LA AVANT GARDE!
:sick: [/b][/quote]
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Both of you, just respect each other's tastes! :flower:

But I agree with Spacemiu on the skirts. :wink: Though I wouldn't wear most of it, only some, not really into full skirts.

Originally posted by ignitioned32+Oct 10th, 2003 - 11:42 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ignitioned32 @ Oct 10th, 2003 - 11:42 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Acid@Oct 10th, 2003 - 3:34 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu
@Oct 10th, 2003 - 2:57 am

VIVA LA AVANT GARDE!

:sick:

Both of you, just respect each other's tastes! :flower:

[/b][/quote]

what is :sick: :sick: for one can be :crush: :crush: for someone else ?
not always.

i appreciate both valentino and cdg, could wear them both -even mixing them together .
its two different worlds, both done in a great way, by talented and imaginative people.

creative peace between stereotyped ...fashion's football teams. :flower:
style without frontiers :heart:

me and SpaceMiu are like cat and dog........i love it :blush:

Very insightful & wise, Lena and Astrid :flower:
It's so true, that fashion means dierent things to different people. Some designers are purely commercial, some are just avantgarde, others are somewhere in a middle. Same in graphics, industrial design, music, film, etc. And Chanel was considered revolutionary at her time, so she was kind of avantgarde in her way, no? :smile: may be fifty years from now CDG will be "commercial", because everyine is gonna dress like that :lol:

Originally posted by Serena@Oct 10th, 2003 - 7:09 pm
And Chanel was considered revolutionary at her time, so she was kind of avantgarde in her way, no? :smile: may be fifty years from now CDG will be "commercial", because everyine is gonna dress like that :lol:
:lol: imagine everyone wearing copies of those skirts in 50-60 years :heart:

And you also have to realize Rei is a statment maker and everything on the catwalk is ONLY for presentation. And that goes double for Valentino. Its nothing compared to what you see in the showrooms or shops when everything is seperated and seen individually.

Really,I don't see how anyone can make that assumption that Rei is only fashion and no style. Have you actually seen her stuff in shop? Her pieces are beautifully crafted,extremely organic in fabrication and form and they sculpt women's physiques rather nicely as well.

Originally posted by Astrid21@Oct 9th, 2003 - 10:08 pm
I can appreciate the vision and acclaim the avant garde without liking this show. I don't think the skirts are "horrific." They just are boring to me and I'm not into the topless tops. :rolleyes:

To each her own. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"