Comme Des Garcons And Fred Perry

faust

Reaction score
Although I mentioned it in another thread, I decided to start the topic as new.

I read yesterday in i-D about the new colloboratin between CdG and Fred Perry. The pictures they had looked cheesy for my taste.

What do you all think? Innovative or commercial?

I haven't seen it and I'm very curious-men's/women's/both? I've got to get better about looking at magazines...

Originally posted by softgrey@Feb 6th, 2004 - 11:29 am
I haven't seen it and I'm very curious-men's/women's/both? I've got to get better about looking at magazines...
It looked like men's only from the pictures. I'm not 100% sure. It's not my cup of tea, though. Never understood Jil Sander putting her name on Puma sneakers and selling them 4 times higher either...

They are making polo shirts for the CdG Shirt line, with new colors rather than design.

Originally posted by nqth@Feb 6th, 2004 - 12:33 pm
They are making polo shirts for the CdG Shirt line, with new colors rather than design.
how come you know everything?!? this is great-i'm learning so much!

I wish i'd found this sight sooner!

Oh I wish I could live in Paris or Tokyo and come to see the real thing rather than read about it from Google :-)

I think that collaboration is a brilliant commercial move. People talk about that more than about the shirts indeed. It also "separates" the Comme's designs from more commercial but still authentic stuffs.

I think that it all started when Rei teamed up with Carla Sozzani to do 10 Corso Como in Tokyo. Rei said that it will be a "new" thing in fashion business. They asked Viktor and Rolf for black stuffs when the whole VR collection was white. They made VW suits in Comme's fabrics. Then Junya started with Levi's...

Comme has opened a lot of new shops in Europe and Japan. Knowing that they are building their business very carefully, they must be strong finacially, I guess:-)

Originally posted by nqth@Feb 6th, 2004 - 8:02 pm
Oh I wish I could live in Paris or Tokyo and come to see the real thing rather than read about it from Google :-)

I think that collaboration is a brilliant commercial move. People talk about that more than about the shirts indeed. It also "separates" the Comme's designs from more commercial but still authentic stuffs.

I think that it all started when Rei teamed up with Carla Sozzani to do 10 Corso Como in Tokyo. Rei said that it will be a "new" thing in fashion business. They asked Viktor and Rolf for black stuffs when the whole VR collection was white. They made VW suits in Comme's fabrics. Then Junya started with Levi's...

Comme has opened a lot of new shops in Europe and Japan. Knowing that they are building their business very carefully, they must be strong finacially, I guess:-)
you are just full of information-thank you again

I love paris-although it;s been a couple of years-but I'm really desperate to go to Tokyo! I just have to see where this is all coming from and why it appeals to me more than anything else. That's the reason I went to Antwerp-to learn the answer..

I saw some very nice Fred Perry polo's today, and nearly bought some comme'dgarcon tee's. Do these polo's look like a mix of the two, because that would just look scary.

The fred perry Comme Des Garcons SHIRT collection was shown along side teh HommePlus s/s 2004 collection. :heart:

It very cool, lvoely coulores , beautiful as usual :blush: :wink:

there are also tarck suits and sneakers :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->