Comme Des Garcons F/W 04.05 Paris

oooh!! thx lena...can't wait to see them in person...i'm sure i will faint...or at least swoon!!! :lol: :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 5th, 2004 - 11:58 am
a friend who could not enter the CDG Lido show,
had a look of the collection at their showroom
and almost fainted by the beauty of those clothes.

'very close to couture and real craftmanship ' is what he just said on the phone :flower:
I had a religious expierence just from the pictures, i think i really will faint when I see them in eprson, I mighnt even have a heart attack or see god.

*shock* They are even better close up! :woot: Thank you so much for those pictures ngth... :flower:

thx for the detail shots ngth!! :flower: :heart:

I am so in love with this collection.
The "up close" shots are even better!
This stuff is so gorgeously crafted!

Unfortunately I'm not having quite as much of a religious experience as Spacemiu.

The makeup looks even more hilarious up close! I love those off-centred lips! It makes the models, from afar, look like they're :/-ing!

:shock: amazing close ups but -in all respect for CDG- they somehow remind me of Mark Le Bihan's typical craftmanship (thats the kind of work hes been doing for the last ten years)

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 8th, 2004 - 4:09 am
:shock: amazing close ups but -in all respect for CDG- they somehow remind me of Mark Le Bihan's typical craftmanship (thats the kind of work hes been doing for the last ten years)
I dunno, whatever (granted) little I've seen from Marc, I was not impressed with the craftmanship for the most part (love my re-worked swedish navy coat though B) ). Maybe I've just seen too little.

worthwhile tracking Mark Le Bihan down the U.S. market, i'm positive this will change your mind dear Faust :wink: not to say you may add some of this goreous 'Homme' looks to your wardrobe :flower:

*handstiching details, victoriana and 'customised' fabrics are his forte

So amazing , close up :heart: :cry: :heart:

Lena , i knwo what youa re saying about Le Bihan, btu In my opinion its just a simialre style. But I doutn see this collection as veyr close to him, to me it has a more japanes tailoring, than sort of dark european.

anyw ays, ist mind blowing :shock:

rei is amazing, I must meet her one day.

For me it is like a cross between the SS2000 and AW 2000/1 collections. More maculine than the SS, more feminine than the AW :-) Rei said the collection was about "magic" and "witch". The Comme things are done a lot more prettier, with a little bit gender bending. And those clothes really bewitched me :-) hehe.

I don't know anything about Mark Le Bihan, can't find his work even in the internet but I do thing thing that the works could be of similar style. Great minds thing alike :-)

i love this collection. it has a fractured victorian quality (lots of 19th century inspiration--especially the black/mourning attire--combined with cdg tropes like asymmetry and deconstruction).

here is a blouse from this collection. it s 92% nylon and 8% polyurethane; the fabric is stretchy and feels like spandex. it has victorian touches (the hook-and-eye closures; the embroidered floral pattern on the fabric; the corset-like shape of the midsection) and cdg hallmarks (the partially ruffled hem; that spooky, floppy, asymmetrical hole over the chest; the high cowl neck). i think it's a beautiful design.

cdgaw04a.jpg

cdgaw04b.jpg

cdgaw04c.jpg

cdgaw04d.jpg

pics by me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back