Comme des Garcons S/S 2019 Paris

Well, I wasn't expecting that.

Her last few collections bordered on self-parody, so this was needed.

First time in my life, I ADORE a CDG show. Everything was perfect :heart:

Amazing! I can only imagine how good this will look in stores. These pieces feels so controlled and precise, even while literally bursting at the seams! It's my favorite Rei collection in who knows how long.

Nice, she's picking up speed again. Love her sense of humor.:heart:

I adored this collection! I think by not having those trademark big proportions, by slimming the silhouette she gave the clothes a fresher look. Oh, and the baby bumps were incredible. Makes me miss the Comme des Garçons from the 90s that I love.

I've got to echo the sentiments of everyone in this thread, I really loved the wild collections that preceded her MET exhbit but the couple seasons after that made it seem like she was going through the motions, having already explored every single possibility that "non-clothes" offered her.

This, in the other hand, feels much more self-assured, she's really giving each garment (there's garments to talk about this time) enough room to breathe. It does look very 90's in that it's more about the separates and less about the sculptural silhouettes of seasons past, some of the looks could even be described as *gasp* chic! She'd probably hate me for uttering such a bourgie word to describe her collection but that black coat that seems to be melting off its seams, those lean and elongated looks and that navy tunic with what it looks to be a chimney neck are so very chic and wearable. The japanese are really putting on a show this season and I'm loving it.

This will make Phuel so happy :lol:.. (where is he??)

Some things are really gorgeous...
commepretty1.jpg commepretty2.jpg

but then you get to the :sick: part and..
commefugly1.jpg
[livingly.com]

.. no thank you, Rei, I don't own anything Supreme, why would I..

(where is he??)

Ikr! He must be revelling in a bout of Tyra-esque 'I rooted for you!' depression after seeing Hedi's Celine debut.

Believe it or not, there are some threads I lurk but don't bother with responding because I don't care for them under their current direction. Burberry, Saint Laurent, and it would've been CDG. But then this collection happened and I'm pleasantly surprised. Kill me for this, but I find the wearable appeal of these looks so impressive! Look 8, wow! For some time I believed she's too preoccupied in her own world to reflect reality in a sense but she proved me wrong with this. Great collection, especially mad about the fabric choices and detailing.

^Seems like we actually "forgot" about the same shows, Saint Laurent is just not worth my time and Burberry was even more dissapointing than I expected. It was Riccardo's chance to show that he still had it in him and he showed me that he had only become more boring, more derivative and even more addicted to useless filler than before!

That I Love!
For me, Rei is at her best when she challenges wearability! If on top of that she makes really desirable clothes, l’m here for it.
This is exquisite!
Nothing more to say!

It's refreshing to see her put some more wearable pieces on the runway.

An extract from the Sarah Mower review:

"Ahead of the Comme des Garcons “Mini-show” an announcement had been emailed by Kawakubo’s husband Adrian Joffe, saying that Kawakubo was ceasing her ten-season practice of challenging boundaries of fashion by showing abstract forms. No matter that the symbolism embedded in her giant structures had awed, fascinated and tantalized her audience. No matter that the conceptual, artistic image of the Comme des Garcons empire has only been enhanced by her “no clothes” showings. It was her: Laceratingly self-critical, she told herself to stop it. “I felt this approach was no longer new, and I looked for what is new, what is new. But I could not find it,”

Now we understand why she decided to come back to form. Although my fav collection of all times is her SS 2014 -Not making clothes- it was about time to stop it. She's honest enough to realize it. I'm all opened to what's next.

An extract from the Sarah Mower review:

"Ahead of the Comme des Garcons “Mini-show” an announcement had been emailed by Kawakubo’s husband Adrian Joffe, saying that Kawakubo was ceasing her ten-season practice of challenging boundaries of fashion by showing abstract forms. No matter that the symbolism embedded in her giant structures had awed, fascinated and tantalized her audience. No matter that the conceptual, artistic image of the Comme des Garcons empire has only been enhanced by her “no clothes” showings. It was her: Laceratingly self-critical, she told herself to stop it. “I felt this approach was no longer new, and I looked for what is new, what is new. But I could not find it,”

Now we understand why she decided to come back to form. Although my fav collection of all times is her SS 2014 -Not making clothes- it was about time to stop it. She's honest enough to realize it. I'm all opened to what's next.

Thanks for this! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->