Comme Des Garcons.Synthetic.

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:woot: i cant wait for this :heart:

Comme des Garçons will introduce Synthetic, its sixth scent series, worldwide in April.
The five-fragrance line is made up of unisex eaux de toilette inspired by synthetic odors.
“It is taking the idea of anti-perfume, which we first launched with Odeur 53 and Odeur 71 [fragrances], to the extreme,” said Adrian Joffe, managing director at the firm. “Aimed at a younger market, we wanted to create very modern fragrances inspired by daily life.”
The offbeat scents, called Tar, Skai, Dryclean, Soda and Garage, target consumers looking for something different in a fragrance.
“We wanted to aim [Synthetic] at the young, individualistic, nonconformist market,[that’s] actually young and young at heart,” Joffe said.

Garage comprises “plastic-floral notes,” plus notes of laurel aldehyde, traces of kerosene, leather, vetiver acetate and Chinese cedarwood.
Tar includes notes of “town gas,” vapors of bitumen, bergamot, earth, opopanax, styrax, grilled cigarettes and pyrogenic notes.
Soda features notes of lime, citral, pimenal, lilial, aldehydes, iso-eugenol, galaxolide and rum acetal.
Dryclean has notes of ozone, aldehydes, nail polish, bay leaf essence, rose oxide, metallic incense, dissolvent vapors and gaiac wood.
Skai comprises “PVC notes,” plus notes of ozone, methyl grapefruit, coal tar, cardamom, white leather, sandalwood and labdanum.

In line with the fragrances’ synthetic concept, the scents come in plastic bottles. The juices themselves are contained in vacuum-packed pouches that shrink in the flacons with use.

Each 75-ml. eau de toilette will sell for $49.40, or 39 euros, in France.

Thanks, Lena soooo much for info:-) can't waitfor them. Ahhh.

This sounds really interesting! Love their stuff.

Yes I do LOVE the smell of glue! I take it these fragrances wont be solvent free! :innocent:

Wow! soudns amazing!

S rebelious , its really touching into youth culture. So cooooooool! I'm VERY exited!
I love the smell of old leather :blush:

Sounds interesting. And for Kawakubo,that's about all that could be said :lol: I do like the sound of Dryclean and Skai though.

I can't wait to smell those. :woot:

I don't think I'll be wearing them, though, unless one really surprises me. I'm a total homebody when it comes to scent. I just want to smell like cookies all the time.

Kawakubo should makes scents that smell like windex, WD-40, and gasoline... a few smells i like.

I wonder which one smells the most like creosote! :lol:

:buzz: This is such an original idea. I love it. Any idea if they'll be selling it anywhere other than the boutiques?

This reminds me of a Patrick Suskind book
"Perfume-The Story of a Murder"

In the slums of eighteenth-century France, the infant Jean-Baptiste Grenouille is born with one sublime gift-an absolute sense of smell. As a boy, he lives to decipher the odors of Paris, and apprentices himself to a prominent perfumer who teaches him the ancient art of mixing precious oils and herbs. But Grenouille's genius is such that he is not satisfied to stop there, and he becomes obsessed with capturing the smells of objects such as brass doorknobs and frest-cut wood. Then one day he catches a hint of a scent that will drive him on an ever-more-terrifying quest to create the "ultimate perfume"-the scent of a beautiful young virgin. Told with dazzling narrative brillance, Perfume is a hauntingly powerful tale of murder and sensual depravity.

A friend of mine tried the Synthetics (at the "avant - premiere" in the Comme Perfume shop in Paris, which lasted a few days in the begining of March) and here is the news:

1. Soda is awful, smells like glass cleaner.

2. Tar is very interesting, earthy, street smell with car gas:-)

3. Garage is really hard to wear. Smells oil, garage.

4. Skai and Dry clean are very close to Odeurs 53 and 71. Skai have a strong grapefruit note and lasts very long.

Caaaan't wait. All will be launched in April.

Those sound definetly intresting. :woot: I can't wait to smell all. I hope they bring them here. :cry:

Thank you for this info, Lena! :flower:

Hi - new to baord, but thought I'd join, sicne you guys seem to know more than most, and I've discovered lots of interesting info since having a look at this board.

I've tried the sythetic range - I was in Paris on the first day of the March preview at the perfume store. I actually bought the Soda since it was the only one that i thought was wearable! Even the sales assistant pointed out that the other (esp Garage and Tar) were tres dificile. They are really interesting though - like nothing else you'll have sniffed before (at least in the guise of an EDT). They are even more anti-perfume than 53 and 71. Interesting also how much of a change from the last parfumsparfums series, the Sherbets (which apart from the Rhubarb were a little disappointing).

Definately worth a sniff, but not sure that many will actually want to wear them.

Welcome:-), and thanks for posting about the Synthetics. I think Skai could be interesting (with leather), also Dryclean close to Odeur53, but my friend told me to try before buying. I buy almost all Comme perfumes blind:-), tho.

Could you describe more the others, please:-)

I can't remember just all of the details now. Skai and dry clean were to me the only other wearable ones. They, plus Soda, were all extremely light - a real "airiness" to them, but quite chemical too. I couldn't get much grapefruit in any of them! Soda is a bit lemony. but does smell like a kitchen cleaner! I used to buy them blind too, but stopped doing that after I sniffed some of the leaves ones (which were pretty bad). The Synthetics are better and more interesting than that, so you could buy blind but just don't expect to wear them very much! I also got a cool plastic booklet type thing, going through the ingredients of each one ("grilled cigaretee" etc!), and some stickers. Not sure if these were only for the preview period or not.

Originally posted by Johnny@Mar 18th, 2004 - 7:16 am
I used to buy them blind too, but stopped doing that after I sniffed some of the leaves ones (which were pretty bad).
Are those Shiso and Tea? :-) I also hate Shiso, as I was always forced to eat it (with a kind of rice soup) while being ill when I was a child. Tea is my "dont stand so close to me" fav. scent:-)

Thanks very much! You are so lucky with all the "things" included. Will try to get those, too:-)

I want to get my hands on the difficult ones, Tar and Garage sound like they're right up my alley...it'll give me something new to wear besides Kingdom, which I could just ingest, I love it too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"