Concealer

sorry to repeat myself, but has anyone tried Clinique Airbrush concelar as i am considering buying it on saturday, but i want to see what other people think about it first :flower:

I bought YSL Touche Eclat early January, and now it smells rotten. I always used it on clean skin and took good care of it. I'm pretty irritated, because it wasn't even worth the money when it was in good condition for me. What can I do?

Uchina said:
I bought YSL Touche Eclat early January, and now it smells rotten. I always used it on clean skin and took good care of it. I'm pretty irritated, because it wasn't even worth the money when it was in good condition for me. What can I do?

Nothing unless you bought it from a place with a very good return policy. Also, you can write a complaint to YSL cosmetics and hope they will send a replacement

Uchina said:
I bought YSL Touche Eclat early January, and now it smells rotten.

I bought it 3 weeks ago.. now i'm getting worried.. I like it but if it really turns smelly after a while.. :shock:

I had a concealer disaster today. Was in the rush this morning and slapped on MAC stodio fix concelaer onto my acne scars then tried to blend it in without using a mirror. 2 people cam up to me today to ask why a patch of skin on my face was a different colour.

chanelnumber5 said:
sorry to repeat myself, but has anyone tried Clinique Airbrush concelar as i am considering buying it on saturday, but i want to see what other people think about it first :flower:

yeah, Ive tried it, but didnt looooove it. The color was really weird, and it made my face look very dull. It allso tends to streak a bit. But the texture is fab, and its easy to blend! And not that it matters, but the design is really boring :innocent: I would rather pict up DIOR skinflash for under the eyes, and Laura Mercier secret camouflage on blemishes, the best combo ever, works like a dream for me! :heart: hope this helped a bit

Covering Up

I don't know what's been causing it, but lately my skin's been breaking out. Unfortunately, a few of these blemishes have left small, reddish scars on my face. I also have a few freckles scattered about my complexion that I'd really like to cover up. The regular drugstore concealer is doing a terrible job of covering these marks up... does anyone have any suggestions for a super strong makeup product that will cover up such marks? Thank you! :wink:

I really like the MAC studio touch up stick for spot concealers. works pretty good for me =)

May be
-Stila perfecting concealer
-Laura Mercier camouflage
-Becca compact

There are 2 things you can do:

1- use some liquid foundation and then cover up spots and marks with some concealer
2- Use some better coverage foundation such as cream compact foundations or some foundation is stick
These last two have more pigment and therefore coverage, so maybe you won´t need concealer after them

im planing on buying YSL Touche eclat but since its quite expensive i was wondering how long it lasts until you have to buy I new one?

I am not taking the blame out of the YSL Touche Eclat, but liquid formulas have water in them, so they usually rotten sooner, that´s why the use date for such products, as mascaras and liquid foundations, is less than lipsticks, who are based on grease, for example.

The other problem about the Touche Eclat, is that the brush is attached, so more bacteria to pass around, making the product to go bad sooner.

Mina_KF said:
im planing on buying YSL Touche eclat but since its quite expensive i was wondering how long it lasts until you have to buy I new one?

Mine lasted two years. I washed the brush occasionally with a little soap (a drop or two) and water then let it air dry.

Lisa314 said:
Mine lasted two years. I washed the brush occasionally with a little soap (a drop or two) and water then let it air dry.

:shock: wow two years?! That sounds great, now Im definitely going to buy it.
(Yeah I aslo heard that it doesnt stink rotten if you wash it now and then.)

thanks for the help Lisa:flower:

I love maybelline's coverstick. I have it green and ivory. The green really does help with covering a red blemish quite well.

Uchina said:

This happened to me also. I think YSL has quality control issues with this product. I've heard about this happening to a couple other people over on Makeupalley. Its a shame since the actual concealor is very good. I've switched to Laura Merciers Undercover set which is has been a better concealor overall for me. The texture is divine and it just plain works. I've tried scads of concealors but its the best I've found thus far. If you were using the Touche Eclat for a highlighter too Laura Mercier also has a similar product that is very very good plus it doesn't get all skunky.

sofialuv said:
I am not taking the blame out of the YSL Touche Eclat, but liquid formulas have water in them, so they usually rotten sooner, that´s why the use date for such products, as mascaras and liquid foundations, is less than lipsticks, who are based on grease, for example.

The other problem about the Touche Eclat, is that the brush is attached, so more bacteria to pass around, making the product to go bad sooner.

It comes with detailed instructions on how you're supposed to wash the brush part of the product if there are long lapses in between applications. I don't know if this is a newly added thing as a result of complaints or what...

But I use mine every day... so there is constantly new fresh fluid on the brush... I feel like as long as you use it every day consistently, you should be fine about bacteria build up.

Also the make up artist who told me about the product recommended applying it to the clean backside of your hand first, and then using fingers to dab it on to undereyes from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"