Condé Nast to Launch Vogue Poland in early 2018

Benn98

Reaction score
Condé Nast Announces the Arrival of Vogue Poland

by Philippa Morgan
date 4 Hours ago

In the ever-changing cultural landscape of fashion, there is set to be a new addition to the Vogue brand lineup, with the launch of Vogue Poland. Condé Nast International announced the news today as a move that seeks to penetrate local markets in Eastern Europe. This will mark the 23rd edition of the magazine and the second digital-first Vogue launch, after Vogue Arabia in 2016.

“Poland is a thriving market in Eastern Europe, with a growing hunger for luxury. It’s a natural for Vogue,” said Jonathan Newhouse, chairman and chief executive of Condé Nast International. Vogue Poland will tap into the emerging Eastern European market with its authoritative voice, and has appointed Filip Niedenthal as its launch editor-in-chief. The title will launch digitally in early 2018, with the print edition to follow under the license of Visteria. Niedenthal’s professional background has seen him at the helm of the Esquire Poland launch, as executive fashion editor at Harper’s Bazaar Polska, and as editor-in-chief of travel magazine Podróże. Model, actor, and Vogue cover star Malgosia Bela has been appointed editor-at-large.

Kasia Kulczyk, chairperson and founder of Visteria, the license holder for Vogue Poland, stated, “It’s clear there is a strong demand for a magazine that inspires and empowers Polish women, as well as promoting Polish talent internationally – not only in fashion, but in the arts, film, culture, and other fields.”

“We’re pleased to partner with Kasia Kulczyk,” added Karina Dobrotvorskaya, president of Condé Nast New Markets and Editorial Director, Brand Development. “Intelligent, knowledgeable, and passionate, she is determined to change the country’s fashion and cultural landscape with this launch. We strongly believe in the vision and enthusiasm of the new Vogue team, bringing together Poland’s creativity and appetite for luxury.”

Vogue Poland now joins the magazine’s worldwide titles that cover the United States, Britain, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Russia, Japan, China, Taiwan, Mexico & Latin America, Korea, Brazil, Australia, Portugal, India, Turkey, Thailand, the Netherlands, the Ukraine, and the Middle East.

Source: https://en.vogue.me/fashion/conde-nast-announce-vogue-poland-launch-2018/

I want Anna Jagodzinska to get a cover! Also Anja R, Kasia and Magdalena!

I think Magdalena should get the first cover!

I want Anna Jagodzinska to get a cover! Also Anja R, Kasia and Magdalena!

They'll all get a cover, I'm sure. Also some of the Czech greats such as Pestova of Kurkova should be covered. :flower: Lets just hope Vogue Poland doesn't go the way of Dutch Vogue, filling their roster with 90% Dutch girls. This edition should serve the entire EE countries, not just Poland (much like Germany serves Austria, Switzerland etc).

Photography wise, I'm assuming Marcin Tyzska will shoot the debut cover (not Testino, please!). They should look to give Pudelka some spotlight at least.

I think Magdalena should get the first cover!

Oh, I disagree! She's a tremendous model of course, but if she wants to be taken seriously in this role (and not look like the Polish Kate Moss), she should lay off doing covers for this edition.
I have my reservations with her taking charge of this position because I'm not familiar with her abilities beyond modelling. So in theory I'm not sure what to expect. Time will tell, I suppose.

Oh, I disagree! She's a tremendous model of course, but if she wants to be taken seriously in this role (and not look like the Polish Kate Moss), she should lay off doing covers for this edition.
I have my reservations with her taking charge of this position because I'm not familiar with her abilities beyond modelling. So in theory I'm not sure what to expect. Time will tell, I suppose.

Malgosia Bela is the one joining the mag as editor-at-large, not Magdalena :wink:

I somehow hope that they won't go for Tyszka since he's not the best photographer imho and the first issue will be the most important one that will set the identity of this edition of Vogue.

Last edited by a moderator:
seems a little belated, realistically, they could have launched this edition years ago. Quite exciting, especially as a lot of Vogue editions are so bland nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->