Confess Your Big Splurge Item

paprika_hiccup

Reanimated
Reaction score
because you wouldn't want anything to happen to it by wearing it :cry:

I am thinking about mine still . . .

My totoally useless orange mini skirt from Zara. I bought it during frosh week when I was feeling really overwhelmed, and regretted it almost immediatly. It's still sitting in it's original bag, hidden at the back of my closet... :ninja:

my hamilton men in black limited watch

but i love it. even though it sort of hurts my wrist.

Good ones and ORANGE mini and a watch that hurts :P Mine is more along the line of pretty ugly and badly made- but expensive :unsure:

I bought a pair of Stella Mccartney Adidas and they have been wore exactly 0 times. They were a factory sample, so this pair was never actually made( they were made in different colors though). They are purple, green and silver mesh and they are made out of some crappy felt material b/c no fur for Ms. Mccartney :flower: I am goig to see if my friend wants to sell them for me in Japan- ha!!

Well, I don't have anything that counts as a big splurge item, because I never pay much for my clothes, but I do have this truly lovely 1960s evening gown that I bought for $15 at a thriftshop, thinking to wear it for my college graduation, but on the day of grad, I was feeling bolshy, and decided to wear my black leather minidress and a pair of black striped, sheet tights and my lumberjack boots. :mohawk:

I have never worn this dress, which is so sad, because it is really lovely--a Chinese brocade sheath, floor length with an offset slit in front and cap sleeves. The fit is absolutely perfect, and the fabric is too cool. It is a periwinkle blue satin ground with coral and white flowers embroidered all over it, and it has a kind of blue-to-pink irrridescence going on.

A large part of the reason it has never been worn is because I never could find any shoes that looked nice with it and didn't hurt my feet. :(

my Junya watanabe striped pants, I lvoe them, tehya re beautiful, btu ims o worried tehyw ill get messed up, but i ahve worn them a few times.

white comme des garcons 'parachute' dress from spring 2003...it has
GIANT built in pouch pockets at the hip, so it looks like you are wearing two messenger style bags criss-crossed across your chest...i even had a pr of glasses specially made to wear with them and bought cute flat sandals...i adore it, but i feel like i'm wearing something from mad-max when i put it on...it might be just too editorial....great for a shoot, but too much for real life...we'll see how i feel this summer...

the tags are still on it and i actually paid retail for it :shock: that was a crazy splurge!!! :lol:

My Birkin bag and new watch By Patek Philippe my husband recently gave me as a gift :blush:

Originally posted by Gobi@Mar 14th, 2004 - 12:02 pm
My Birkin bag and new watch By Patek Philippe my husband recently gave me as a gift :blush:
you don't use that bag!!?? eeek...that's bordering on criminal!!!

i would use it every single day! :heart:

My Omega diamond watch. I'm afraid to put scratches on it. It's so beautiful but I'm so afraid to wear it and ruin it. :shock:

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 14th, 2004 - 12:38 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 14th, 2004 - 12:38 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gobi@Mar 14th, 2004 - 12:02 pm
you don't use that bag!!?? eeek...that's bordering on criminal!!!

i would use it every single day! :heart: [/b][/quote]
I'd carry it like a baby everywhere I went. :blush:

my as-yet unused splurge item is a pair of ferragamo high-heeled black suede thigh-high boots, which i got recently. the whole thigh-high trend aside, these are classic and tasteful, and i *live* in boots. i wasn't even looking for boots the day i bought them but i happened to see them on sale (even so, still a big splurge!) so i caved. it's been so rainy and snowy and awful where i live that i'm scared ever to wear them. but i pull them on at home and admire them from time to time... :smile:

I don't even want to think about the thousands spent on clothes and shoes I wore once or even worse never :cry:
The one piece that I'm glad that it's in another country at this point, a gold bridesmaid's dress, the top has a ultra expensive lace overlay, it was totally not flattering for most of the girls and it's not a colour that I'd wear of my own choice.
I'd also like to include the shoes I bought to go with it, also worn once to be lost in the back of the closet.
Total damage to my wallet too damn much for 6 hours :angry:

That coat is quite gorgeous
and seems very easy to wear

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->