Confess Your Big Splurge Item

Originally posted by mehg+Mar 16th, 2004 - 11:08 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mehg @ Mar 16th, 2004 - 11:08 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dgie@Mar 15th, 2004 - 10:28 pm
I bought this jacket months ago and it has yet to be worn! 

http://www.firstview.com/WRTWfall2003/PRADA/P024.html

It's just hanging in the closet looking pretty.  I really should just sell it on ebay.
How could you not wear that gorgeous prada coat?! I loved the coats from that collection! Shame on you![/b][/quote]
I know, I know!! I lusted after that coat before I bought it. But, after all of your encouragement, I just might break it out of the closet!
What would you wear it with?

well the only thing that i bought deisgner and havent worn more than 2x maybe:
white GUCCI flower print cotton pants from seasons ago :P

but i love them and i know they'll be vintage sometime :innocent:

and loads of Dior tops that are brand new :sick:

Originally posted by dgie+Mar 16th, 2004 - 1:38 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dgie @ Mar 16th, 2004 - 1:38 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mehg@Mar 16th, 2004 - 11:08 am
<!--QuoteBegin-dgie
@Mar 15th, 2004 - 10:28 pm
I bought this jacket months ago and it has yet to be worn! 

http://www.firstview.com/WRTWfall2003/PRADA/P024.html

It's just hanging in the closet looking pretty.  I really should just sell it on ebay.

How could you not wear that gorgeous prada coat?! I loved the coats from that collection! Shame on you!
I know, I know!! I lusted after that coat before I bought it. But, after all of your encouragement, I just might break it out of the closet!
What would you wear it with? [/b][/quote]
that jkt would look great dressed up or down...you could do jeans and great blk boots-tucked in if you feel like it...

or...you could put it with a pencil skirt and do the whole lady/suit-y thing...

or...you could pair it with a soft floaty skirt and do the masculine/feminine thing

all depends on you style and your mood... :flower:

it's a great piece and a great investment in your wardrobe... :heart:

pls let us know on the what are you wearing...thread how you decide to wear it...i'll be very interested...

:flower:

Originally posted by leyla m.@Mar 16th, 2004 - 5:07 pm

Leyla, do you wear your white Birkin often :unsure:

Originally posted by Gobi+Mar 17th, 2004 - 3:07 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gobi @ Mar 17th, 2004 - 3:07 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@Mar 16th, 2004 - 5:07 pm

Leyla, do you wear your white Birkin often :unsure: [/b][/quote]
yeah i actually do :woot: :woot:

people might think im crazy but i take it wherever i travel (and its still clean) .
it just fits EVERYTHING :heart:

White leather is surprisingly easier to care for than most people would think.

I touch up my vintage white leather trenchcoat with white shoe-polish, like what nurses use on their shoes. Also, if it is a smooth leather, it doesn't soil as easily.

White suede I would never use in a zillion years, but a smooth finish white leather can be perfectly practical.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Mar 17th, 2004 - 6:34 pm
White leather is surprisingly easier to care for than most people would think.

I touch up my vintage white leather trenchcoat with white shoe-polish, like what nurses use on their shoes. Also, if it is a smooth leather, it doesn't soil as easily.

White suede I would never use in a zillion years, but a smooth finish white leather can be perfectly practical.
i think white leathr starts to look even better when it gets beat up a bit..as long as it's not dirty...i have a couple of white leather bags...and a jkt...no problem...

that white birkin is sounding very good to me... B) ...mmmm...

My prom dress from last year and I think my prom dress for this year is going to join that list. I am keeping it in the hopes that I might get invited to a big benefit or gala that I might wear it again. I :heart: my dresses, they are both so glamourous.

omg, i can't believe u don't wear that prada jacket... i bet it cost a fortune too, it's beautiful, i'm almost about to cry because i would love a garmet like that. ahh, sigh

Originally posted by ebatesy23@Mar 21st, 2004 - 7:53 am
omg, i can't believe u don't wear that prada jacket... i bet it cost a fortune too, it's beautiful, i'm almost about to cry because i would love a garmet like that. ahh, sigh
Don't get me wrong- I do love it! I just haven't worn it yet (maybe because I love it so much that I don't want anything to happen to it!)

Purple
Where did you get that orange mini?
I have something that looks VERY similar.
It's wool, with one pleat on each side in the front.
I'm waiting for the weather to warm up to break it out :smile:

Originally posted by Sugo@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 3:11 pm
Purple
Where did you get that orange mini?
I have something that looks VERY similar.
It's wool, with one pleat on each side in the front.
I'm waiting for the weather to warm up to break it out :smile:
Zara. It's cute, eh? I just wish I had the confidence to wear it... :cry:

adding on-sterling silver hand woven belt by john hardy...it's rounded, kind of like asnake and is supposed to hook and sit around your hips...it's very sexy and very rich hippy...i love it and again...it was a fortune, but it really doesn't go with the rest of my wardrobe and it could use a couple more links to sit where i'd really like it, a bit lower...hmmm...i should really do something about that...

i'm proud of prada_romance...wearing all her stuff...i've made myself a promise to do that too so that i don't feel so guilty for having so much stuff... :innocent:

my chanel boots

chanelmotorcycleboots1.jpg

i :heart: them . . they just don't go w/many outfits

My big splurge item isn't so expensive but it adds up over the years....I LOVE fashion mags and so I buy sooo many each month I spend hundreds of pounds or USD depending on where I am when I buy them....I can't just buy one Vogue I have to have all and even if I can't read it I still buy it and look at the pics....Just the Vogues alone can be some wot costly and then I have to have all of my other favorite mags....Cheap Date, Dazed and Confused, ID, Pop, some of the Elles, W, GAP, WWD, L'uomo Vogue, and Mode.....And these are just a few....My all time favorite shop to by my mags is the one and only RD Franks...I love this shop soo much.

i :heart: them . . they just don't go w/many outfits [/QUOTE]

those are very similar to my comme boots and i wear mine all the time with jeans tucked in...it looks really cute...just a suggestion...i really think you should wear them... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"