Confess Your Big Splurge Item

Originally posted by tott+Apr 4th, 2004 - 6:26 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tott @ Apr 4th, 2004 - 6:26 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Apr 4th, 2004 - 11:52 pm
NO, I totally get it tott, I used to have the nylon zipper covers, and I threw them away cause it killed the whole industrial look...
Good you got it... I get a bit frustrated sometimes when i don't find the exact words I need.

I also like the industrial feel, but I want my stuff to be a bit sealed off; a bit protected from dust, smoke etc. I don't have a walk-in closet or anything I can sort of seal off, I just rent a small apt. I don't know how long I'll stay here in Italy... [/b][/quote]
I have no closet, period! hahaah...My room looks like some sort of Couture-urban department, with mannequins on one corner, and fabric all over my room and bed, walls covered with my sketches, some of them blown up to cover a whole wall, and one wall covered with all of those ST Wardrobes... :wacko:

Pradaromance, I love that closet!! :heart:

Originally posted by Alejandro+Apr 4th, 2004 - 6:32 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Apr 4th, 2004 - 6:32 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by tott@Apr 4th, 2004 - 6:26 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro
@Apr 4th, 2004 - 11:52 pm
NO, I totally get it tott, I used to have the nylon zipper covers, and I threw them away cause it killed the whole industrial look...

Good you got it... I get a bit frustrated sometimes when i don't find the exact words I need.

I also like the industrial feel, but I want my stuff to be a bit sealed off; a bit protected from dust, smoke etc. I don't have a walk-in closet or anything I can sort of seal off, I just rent a small apt. I don't know how long I'll stay here in Italy...
I have no closet, period! hahaah...My room looks like some sort of Couture-urban department, with mannequins on one corner, and fabric all over my room and bed, walls covered with my sketches, some of them blown up to cover a whole wall, and one wall covered with all of those ST Wardrobes... :wacko:

Pradaromance, I love that closet!! :heart: [/b][/quote]
hahaha, my closet is similar...i have a mannequin in the corner & then I have cork board with fashion ads & sketches of how i should wear my outfits by my son (honestly, most of my best outfits were put together by him... :shifty: )

btw, is that closet from IKEA?

My A. Lange&Söhne limited edition "Lange Tourbillion 1 watch" in pink gold. :heart:

A black Gucci silk biker jacket. It's probably peanuts for a lot of you but to me it was a major investment piece, and instantly sent me licking my wounds after the purchase. When I saw it I just thought it was THE perfect thing to wear to go clubbing, which is odd since I don't go clubbing all that often in the first place.

In other words, I can't remember when was the last time I wore it. :ninja:

But, I won't sell it cos someday, someday... :blink:

Biggest splurge out of my own money is not even on a pair of clothing, but a pair of sunglasses. I bought a plastic D&G 2 years ago.
Ha! My closet's a veritable jungle. :smile:

Pair of Calvin Klein jeans.... God, what was I thinking?!?!? Probably nothing.. :wacko:

A leopard print trench coat I bought in The New York Look and an Isabella Fiore zodiac purse.

shhh - don't tell. :innocent:

Originally posted by As You Like It@Mar 4th, 2004 - 10:23 pm
Well, I don't have anything that counts as a big splurge item, because I never pay much for my clothes, but I do have this truly lovely 1960s evening gown that I bought for $15 at a thriftshop, thinking to wear it for my college graduation, but on the day of grad, I was feeling bolshy, and decided to wear my black leather minidress and a pair of black striped, sheet tights and my lumberjack boots. :mohawk:

I have never worn this dress, which is so sad, because it is really lovely--a Chinese brocade sheath, floor length with an offset slit in front and cap sleeves. The fit is absolutely perfect, and the fabric is too cool. It is a periwinkle blue satin ground with coral and white flowers embroidered all over it, and it has a kind of blue-to-pink irrridescence going on.

A large part of the reason it has never been worn is because I never could find any shoes that looked nice with it and didn't hurt my feet. :(

bluebrocadethreequarters.jpg
bluebrocadef.jpg

Here's that dress I was on about.

AULI!!
that dress is real pretty. :clap:
i could see u wearing it with pretty REPETTO ballerinas :heart:

Thank you for the tip, Leyla.

Now if I ever get an occasion to wear it. My lifestyle has little, if any, call for formal evening dresses...

See, this really is that item that just hangs in my closet. Ah, well, I consider it archive material as much as anything. Phooey.

Originally posted by loserunit@Mar 27th, 2004 - 6:17 pm
in ventura, ca. southern california.

it's a little awkward because in 8th grade i went to a private school and i defineatly not one of the most pretentious kids and now i go to public school here in a laid back surfer community.

i like in the middle.

i was in westwood the other day and saw these 13 yr old kids hanging out in front of a restaurant with their dior shirts and lv bags. gag.
thats cuas ventura is major ghetto, doun't worrie.

Tocca embriodered mandarin collar coat
Andrew Marc shearling jacket
Burberry Cashmere Belgian Peacoat

I just love coats... can't you tell. That and handbags, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
a lot of you have more expensive bags than this but my biggest splurge was a black fendi mamma bag. my hands were shaking when i gave the salesperson my credit card and told her to hurry in case i change my mind. but i love that bag. :heart: i'm wearing it now actually, though nobody seems to appreciate it. :(

my big splurge item is a pair of bespoke brown crocodile boots from john lobb. of course i convinced myself there a classic and will last a lifetime but i dare not walk outside in them. at least the fitting was an experience

i'm considering another splurge item- a reindeer suede zip up from hermes - a bargain at £4000?

my big splurge so far...would be my Gold python bag from Chloe...

It was just pure lust for something luxe and I quickly ordered the bag and had it overnighted over just in case I changed my mind.

chiangsi1980 said:

It was just pure lust for something luxe and I quickly ordered the bag and had it overnighted over just in case I changed my mind.

OMG! I thought it was just a myth. Pictures - PLEASE!!!! Congratulations!

chiangsi1980 said:

That bag is beautiful:cry:

$569 for the s/s 05 Dior Homme jeans with silver lame thread woven through. I think that beats all my other purchases in utter ridiculousness, but I couldn't care less. They fit so perfectly; I don't regret it at all.

Actually, I don't regret any of my "splurge" purchases because there's a reason I splurge on them: they don't suck. I regret wasting money on cheap crap. It'll be nothing but stupid wasteful splurges for me from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheetz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"