Consuelo Castiglioni leaving Marni?

GivenchyHomme

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
According to Suzy, rumors says she is re-evaluating her position in the brand now that Renzo Rosso owns 100% of the company.

We need her. She is still a force of fashion and she is still creative.

She's the underdog in fashion. Delivers great collections every season yet not many people talk about her or Marni in general the way they talk about Miuccia, Nicolas, Michele, Phoebe or Raf.

Would be a pity. She's just too good to be leaving Marni.

That would be a real tragedy, for Milan and for fashion in general. She's one of the unsung heroes of the industry, with an impeccable consistency and integrity.

And i'm sick and tired of these companies buying brands and kicking out the designers that build them with hard labor.

That would be a real tragedy, for Milan and for fashion in general. She's one of the unsung heroes of the industry, with an impeccable consistency and integrity.

And i'm sick and tired of these companies buying brands and kicking out the designers that build them with hard labor.

CC is an incredible designer, one of the best working today. Her abcence would be noticeable. I feel the same way about the suits bullying designers. However, my opinion quickly changes when I remember that they made the decision to sell. No one is to blame except for themselves. Perhaps the lesson is to stay independent for as long as you can. Is a big fat check worth giving up your name? Is it worth losing everything you worked for? Apparently. Just take a look around. Galliano, YSL, Halston, and many others. It's nothing new. This would be an interesting topic to discuss further.

^^
I feel like her situation is different to Galliano & Halston. Renzo isn't the type to be controlling over designers. I mean, Margiela stayed nearly a decade after selling his brand and we can't say that he compromised his vision during that time.
And while she is Marni, she is not selling her name in a proper way.

YSL situation was even more different. Pierre Bergé was the one responsible for the whole mess. He had no choices but to sell. The house has lost so much cachet in the 80's-90's...

The Galliano thing is really pitiful but that's another topic.

^^
And while she is Marni, she is not selling her name in a proper way.

It's not her name but it is her life's work. And for her to leave would be like losing part of herself. Unless it's on good terms I can't imagine a peaceful exit. I hope CC isn't regretting her decisions. I guess we'll find out soon enough. If we don't hear anything by February than this will prove to be nothing more than a rumor.

Even if she leaves Marni, I hope she'll continue to plug away. She's always been a thoughtful voice in an industry that's so desperate for newness just for the sake of it.

Diesel still reigns supreme even after all these years… sigh…

Sometimes it may not be the monetary attraction that hooks these designers into a Faustian pact. Helmut was promised the latest technologies in fabrications when he sold his soul to Prada. And look where the most innovative and influential label is now.

(I remember a model I had worked with ended up being cast for a department store’s holiday campaign, and he made a generous chunk of money for it. It was his first big job and guess what he spent a good chunk of that cheque on…? Diesel… sigh… LOL)

I don't know, Renzo Rosso seems to be the one who cares about designers, you know, he picked Galliano for Margiela, Viktor&Rolf are still at their label focusing on the couture etc. But on the other hand every deal like this is dangerous in a way. If she is about to leave, who would replace her? Because at this point I don't see anyone who would be good enough for this brand.

I just hope this won't be true.

i've heard this is a done deal and a new CD will be announced within a few weeks

I really hope this doesn't happen. I love Marni, and we're already lost Carven mens this year, so let's wait for the best, fashion needs her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoutshonor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->