Cool, Original But Not Too Pricey?

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by Kattis, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Kattis

Kattis New Member

Okey, I know that may be a lot to ask for.. but I am looking for cool, original but still reasonably priced handbags... have any thoughts??

2. faust

faust New Member

my favorite in that respect is a french label "apres midi du chien" - their bags in US range from $125-200. I like their design, and the fabric and quality is decent. you can do a search on the webe, there is an online store. but what do i know, i'm a guy B)

3. Marlee

Marlee New Member

i think you can get these bags at shobop.com :flower:

4. whereisthatsusu

whereisthatsusu New Member

i've never heard of that label...but i :heart: the name!

5. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

price range?>>>>

6. paris

paris New Member

There at Bloomingdales in NYC

7. Little Birdy

Little Birdy New Member

Vintage bags? Sometimes you can find some amazing pieces at a bargain price ;)

8. Nader

Nader Active Member

Isabella Fiore (http://www.isabellafiore.com/) has some really interesting prints

and Cole Haan bags are decently priced as well, but I can't really vouch for too much originality there. They're still pretty though :) and I was actually surprised by the quality of some of their bags.

9. highheels

highheels New Member

I think this bag is really nice. I don't know how original you want it but it dosen't have logos all over it.

10. highheels

highheels New Member

or this is kinda cute depending on what your stlye is.

11. eloes

eloes New Member

I go for *really* original handbags, and I get tons of compliments on them (no brand names for me). I rarely spend much money on them. One reason is that my mom imports bags from Southeast Asia, so I have access to some of those(sorry, no website or I would definitely post it ;) ).

My (so far unclear :rolleyes: ) point is that you can get awesome, unique things by shopping at multicultural sorts of places rather than getting brand name/department store bags. Where exactly? Um, boutiques or small vendors are good options. Also, they tend to be cheap so that you can get plenty of them and alternate a lot for variety...and so that they don't wear out easily.

Vintage is also awesome. :heart:

If you want semi-traditional but interesting things, check out a Mexx store (in NYC or other locations). I seem to remember a few interesting bags there, but I could be wrong. Their stuff is pricey to me (pocket change to some of you), but the bags aren't too expensive. http://www.mexx.com/