Cool, Original But Not Too Pricey?

Kattis

Reaction score
Okey, I know that may be a lot to ask for.. but I am looking for cool, original but still reasonably priced handbags... have any thoughts??

my favorite in that respect is a french label "apres midi du chien" - their bags in US range from $125-200. I like their design, and the fabric and quality is decent. you can do a search on the webe, there is an online store. but what do i know, i'm a guy B)

Originally posted by faust@Apr 8th, 2004 - 1:33 pm
my favorite in that respect is a french label "apres midi du chien" - their bags in US range from $125-200. I like their design, and the fabric and quality is decent. you can do a search on the webe, there is an online store. but what do i know, i'm a guy B)
i think you can get these bags at shobop.com :flower:

Originally posted by faust@Apr 8th, 2004 - 1:33 pm
i've never heard of that label...but i :heart: the name!

Originally posted by Kattis@Apr 8th, 2004 - 12:13 pm
Okey, I know that may be a lot to ask for.. but I am looking for cool, original but still reasonably priced handbags... have any thoughts??
price range?>>>>

Isabella Fiore (http://www.isabellafiore.com/) has some really interesting prints

and Cole Haan bags are decently priced as well, but I can't really vouch for too much originality there. They're still pretty though :smile: and I was actually surprised by the quality of some of their bags.

I think this bag is really nice. I don't know how original you want it but it dosen't have logos all over it.

I go for *really* original handbags, and I get tons of compliments on them (no brand names for me). I rarely spend much money on them. One reason is that my mom imports bags from Southeast Asia, so I have access to some of those(sorry, no website or I would definitely post it :wink: ).

My (so far unclear :rolleyes: ) point is that you can get awesome, unique things by shopping at multicultural sorts of places rather than getting brand name/department store bags. Where exactly? Um, boutiques or small vendors are good options. Also, they tend to be cheap so that you can get plenty of them and alternate a lot for variety...and so that they don't wear out easily.

Vintage is also awesome. :heart:

If you want semi-traditional but interesting things, check out a Mexx store (in NYC or other locations). I seem to remember a few interesting bags there, but I could be wrong. Their stuff is pricey to me (pocket change to some of you), but the bags aren't too expensive. http://www.mexx.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"