Cosmopolitan - Worldwide

From what I know, departure from their usual studio covers is to be expected..

The US March cover is hands down the worst Cosmo cover I've even seen in 40+ years. It is morphing into a food magazine at this point? Seems like they've lost any direction they might have previously had. Also, I have no idea of who the person is on the cover.

Imagine telling the Cosmo covergirl of the 80s that, by 2019, she'd be sitting around eating pizza and not even looking straight into the camera. She'd use her aerobicised legs to kick someone's ***.

US Cosmopolitan March 2019
Photographer: Ben Watts
Styled by: James Worthington DeMolet
Actress: Lana Condor

wIbtACfz_o.jpg

cosmopolitan.com

Had to post Turkish Cosmopolitan's attempt to turn Ciara white!
+ Malaysian cover to compare.

(famousfix.com)

Their new EIC is clueless and it's not funny anymore.
I can handle Lana Condor's cover, but this?
IdleIdenticalKingsnake-small.gif

This year is very underwhelming when it comes to their covers. They need to
spice it up like what Cosmo UK is doing.
NFjZrdfu_o.jpg

They couldn’t even make that pizza look good and it’s HARD to make a pizza look bad!

Both the editors of Cosmo and Glamour and utterly clueless. These magazines should be thriving in the digital age. They invented “clickbait” even before the internet.

I'm not going to say much on Jenna Dewan because I know Srdjan likes her, and the cover is kind of Cosmo (but more Women's Health, maybe?), but the rest are all awful. Gina in that God-awful cougar dress, a girl eating a pizza on the cover, and now Heidi, LC and the other nobodies of The Hills on the cover. It's like they're sinking lower with each cover!

The Hills cover especially is so dated and will certainly look out of place on the newsstand. Blonde, rich and dumb, in LA. Actually, maybe that's the US Cosmo reader in a nutshell.

Biggest shocker is Turkish Cosmo lightening Ciara's skin like that. Surely her fanbase will know that's not how she looks. Or are they hoping to win new readers with that cover?

'm not going to say much on Jenna Dewan because I know Srdjan likes her, and the cover is kind of Cosmo (but more Women's Health, maybe?), but the rest are all awful. Gina in that God-awful cougar dress, a girl eating a pizza on the cover, and now Heidi, LC and the other nobodies of The Hills on the cover. It's like they're sinking lower with each cover!
:D:D:D I'm watching The Resident and she has a guest rolle, God, she's cute. She deserves a more-stylish-less-fitness cover (Marie Claire at least).
And actually I think this is a reprint from Women's Health from last year! There was an almost the same photo on Emirati cover of WH back in September.

Is anyone else concerned about the steady decline in the celebrity status of Cosmo's cover stars? They used to book A list actresses and singers for Cosmo, and now it's umm a few C listers and the hills girls? They should have just booked Mischa for the cover, who at least used to be a legitimate actress. And they could have easily reprinted that in the international editions (OC was after all a popular and memorable show worldwide) as a catch up with Marissa Cooper.

Like we often say on these threads, at a time when print is struggling so much, wouldn't you pull out all the stops to get big stars people actually know instead of ruining what's left of Cosmo by using cover girls most people have never heard of. At this stage I don't think the likes of ScarJo or Beyonce would be caught dead doing Cosmo again.

I often think the test of a great Cosmo covergirl is seeing how many reprints it gets worldwide. The last big ripple in the international editions was probably Ciara or Xtina.

The overall choices for covers has rapidly declined over the years as quite a few magazines have gone political which tends to offend many readers. Cosmo covers have really gone down hill as that is one magazine that sells sex so why bother with their recent choices with so many large chested GUESS girls to be chosen.

UK Cosmo May 2019 is presenter and documentary-maker Stacey Dooley. In terms of the cover image, this seems like another mundane choice, but perhaps these days UK Cosmo is opting for more normal-seeming celebrities (and fashion styling) that people can relate to, as they did the previous month with Dani Dyer (newsstand.co.uk:(

COSMOPOLITAN_MAY-19.jpg

Their color schemes on the covers this year are getting repetitive.

By the way, YARA SHAHIDI and CHARLES MELTON are Cosmo USA's May cover stars.
s-l1600.jpg

source: kevinkkelly1

US Cosmo's covers aren't really covers anymore - they're just images with words flung over the front of them, a few steps away from disposable social media posts. While red is always an attention-getter, any sense of focus is lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->