Costello Tagliapietra Spring 2005

PradaP

Reaction score
090904_37.jpg

Costello Tagliapietra: It was a superb beginning for Jeffrey Costello, formerly of VPL, and Robert Tagliapietra. They showed their first full-scale collection for Costello Tagliapietra, and one could actually swoon for the simplicity and cut of these Grecian- and Madame Grès-inspired dresses in rayon matte jersey. The fit was perfect (no easy feat in that fabric), and the dresses and few skirts swung gracefully at mid- and below-calf lengths. The drama stayed on top in subtle draping, bare backs and a bevy of beautiful necklines. The best of these: the flared tank dresses with cross-strapped backs or a steel-toned V-neck version. For the last three seasons, the duo has pulled together a few pieces, currently sold at Barneys New York Japan. Safe to say, the designers should pick up a few American accounts this season.
-wwd

:shock: Does anyone have any more pics from this show? The draping on that dress is gorgeous! So... perfect! Too much so for words!

wow...thx for bringing this in prada p...news to me...very interesting...i'd also like to see more pics...

They actually had the show today, in New York.
An Article

WEDNEDSAY, SEPTEMBER 8 2004

1:00 pm COSTELLO TAGLIAPIETRA

Style Lounge - Show - 135 W. 41st St.

i completely overlooked it...looks like i'm missing most of the shows cause of work...
which is ok by me...

thanks purple.. :flower:
good luck to them...maybe whoever os funding tara subkoff should take a look at these guys...this stuff is cut beautifully...

I really like the gray dress. I've never heard of these people before thanks for posting!!

The grey reminds me of Halston. I like it so far. Post more if you can find anybody.

Ok just checked the web site and they are pretty consistant also with their look.
I like it I would just like to them expand on it and make a whole collection, throw some cool trousers in there and some great coats and jackets. I want to them take it to the next level when they get some legs. They're still just starting out so I understand they have to concentrate on what they feel is important first. and what theie budget will allow. :flower:

Yeah I agree, it seems their centerpiece is the drape-y dress and they do it well. I will definitely look out for them in coming seasons.

Those dresses are very pretty!

Love the grey one pictured.

Originally posted by saturnine@Sep 9 2004, 06:31 AM
Those dresses are very pretty!

Love the grey one pictured.
[snapback]360671[/snapback]​

2nd

It's about time these guys got some recognition!!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members