Costume Institute Gala 2013 : "PUNK: Chaos To Couture"

^she looks "tired"

what about Helena Bonham-Carter? She could have looked interesting and just perfect for "punk" as well as somebody like Björk or Shirley Manson from Garbage....ohhh well...
gotta go and get some sleep - it was a great red-carpet! many interesting, good or even great looks

omg
tumblr_mmeltvaD3U1qcah0do1_500.jpg

vl4da.tumblr.com

I would say that worst dressed was Heidi Klum, Miranda Kerr, Nina Dobrev and Blake Lively.
Jennifer Lawrence looked nice I wish she would mix up her event style a little - getting a bit tired of Dior after Dior after Dior.
Also, maybe it was just me, but I found Taylor Swift's dress a bit similar to the dress Gwyneth Paltrow wore to the Iron Man 3 Premiere? Perhaps it's just the panelling at the sides.

I didn't like any of the looks except for Miley - that was the only real punk. I just saw gwen stefani and she looks like she is wearing a prom dress and she didn't do anything different to her hair (it's the usual style she wears during the day with her kids).

^^Hah, I knew Madonna's outfit was Givenchy from few years ago!

January Jones:
60SFShsl.jpg

zimbio

I noticed that there weren't a lot of mini-dresses and Jones said she wanted to do short for punk. I think it works though I don't care for the shoes.

Kim Kardashian is one of the worst...not just tonight but also the whole time:ninja:

Madonna lives in another world...she looks truly pitiful. She tries too hard and she´s just lame.

Linda Evangelista is the corpse bride.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ At least she TRIED to be punk and gave a $h!t. Looking great and with attitude doing it too.

I don't know what I was expecting given the theme, but everyone is mostly looking from bad to awful.

Anja is hands down the best dressed. Joan Smalls looks great too. The rest of the models look surprisingly terrible.

From celebs, Sienna Miller - of all people - looks nice. Dakota Fanning looks chic. Olsen twins are two of the very few who actually look 'at home'. Uma Thurman looks great, but doesn't really fit the theme?

Madonna looks horrible. Lots of bland bland looks. But the worst of course is Kim Kardashian. She looks like a sofa.

My best-dressed list:

SJP
Ashley Olsen
Mary-Kate Olsen
Donatella Versace for being theme-appropriate
Leelee Sobieski
Andre Leon Talley

--------------------

The good: Rooney Mara, Florence Welsh, Julianne Moore

Doutzen Kroes in Thyskens' Theory
Kz8ZQ7kl.jpg

justjared.com

The back details is worth looking at.

Doutzen looks amazing, staying with the punk theme, but still feminine and sexy.

Doutzen look is rock n' roll, sure, but not of the punk variety.

Leave it to Eddie Redmayne to tell it like it is....
tumblr_mmeijtqwWo1qb8lw8o1_250.gif

tumblr_mmeijtqwWo1qb8lw8o2_250.gif

soulstryder.tumblr.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->