Courrèges S/S 2025 Paris

This collection reminds me a lot of Ghesquière's early years at Balenciaga and late 90s Helmut Lang with a drop of Demna at the beginning.

I wonder how they did the set piece in the middle. It looks like an ocean wave from afar, but I think it's a glass disk with sand or gravel inside it that's being tilted during the show.

Again, I love it.

Something very early 2000’s in this collection i think. I see the Helmut Lang and Nicolas’s touches both from their FW2004 collections.

It’s maybe here, less fluid and more graphic but it still perfectly executed.

It’s a good collection and there’s something very Helmut about his philosophy: there’s no drastic changes from seasons to seasons but there’s still an evolution.

The cut of those pants is fabulous.

i wonder how easy/difficult it is to layer his clothes to build a cool girl courreges wardrobe. its all very modern and he definitely has a strong pov. I'm not sure how long term his vision is or how far he can bring this aesthetic. But definitely appreciate his work more for courreges than his jpg outing.

I can’t with all these flat textile surfaces, non-colors and cardboard-like drapery… most of these looks feel two-dimensional as a result.

He has a good eye for proportion but the end result lacks depth and warmth.

i wonder how easy/difficult it is to layer his clothes to build a cool girl courreges wardrobe. its all very modern and he definitely has a strong pov. I'm not sure how long term his vision is or how far he can bring this aesthetic. But definitely appreciate his work more for courreges than his jpg outing.
That's the double-edged sword of minimalism: very wide appeal, but easily creatively arid. That said, I'll argue that Di Felice's minimalism relies more on the techincal and utilitarian elements of design rather being purely aesthetical. He can always return to his skillset to find a new sartorial idea, something not many of his more popular peers (Vaccarello, Demna, Sabato, JWA) can do.

Fashion straight from the morgue.
SAD,LIFELESS, FLAT, COLORLESS, COLD.

I'll pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amsivi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->