"couture’s Health Check"

i think couture is finally losing it. Its appeal lies in the diversity since every house has its own sort of 'show'
And as for celebrities, its peobably they are the only ones that are rich enough to afford couture and get people interested in it

Originally posted by blumarine@May 14th, 2004 - 10:15 am

... and in a way, I agree that having Versace not presenting couture is quite a loss ... who's gonna fill her niche?

the versace niche... as u called it...
i dont think will be one that needs filling.... that is why they are pulling of couture... it is something that the market does not want hence they r backin off....
if u meant for a viewers of couture aspect... like us fashion obsessed peeps on fspot... i would have to say imo im happy its going... so it wont need to b filled for me

o i forgot something... i was discussing with my friend who is doing a fashion communication n promotion course at st martins... for her most recent project she was discussing about this device which will scan the whole body of a costumer, and even work out how they walk etc... and this will be used for the couture industry... to save clients from having up to sometimes even 16 fittings!!! n i told her abt this news i had heard from here... so she has added this in now to her tutor... as it makes her ideals more current n relevant... with ungaro et all pullin out because they find clients dont want to hang around for many fittings...

thanks everyone on behalf of my friend :flower:

Originally posted by seditionary@May 14th, 2004 - 11:32 am
the versace niche... as u called it...
i dont think will be one that needs filling....
right, i wont shed tears over the 'style gap' B)

btw for security measures, do lock up Julien McDonald,
he shouldn't be getting any couture ideas

Originally posted by Lena@May 14th, 2004 - 10:38 am

fashion police armed n ready, the swat team has already been sent out before your go ahead cheif lena
we have the special ninja squad on action too :ninja:

Originally posted by seditionary+May 14th, 2004 - 11:46 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seditionary @ May 14th, 2004 - 11:46 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@May 14th, 2004 - 10:38 am

fashion police armed n ready, the swat team has already been sent out before your go ahead cheif lena
we have the special ninja squad on action too :ninja: [/b][/quote]
:rofl: :rofl: :mohawk:

F*** IT!! I say.. let all couture designers run wild.. otherwise it'd be boring.. you'd be bored.. there'd be no haute couture.. no comparisons to be made between your favs and hates.. couture rules!

Originally posted by versace@May 14th, 2004 - 10:58 am
F*** IT!! I say.. let all couture designers run wild.. otherwise it'd be boring.. you'd be bored.. there'd be no haute couture.. no comparisons to be made between your favs and hates.. couture rules!
again ot: :hardhead:

despatching the special units to pick up this fiesty one
:argg: :mohawk: units ur target is the member versace... for insighting fashion chaos ...... :evil: :flower:

Originally posted by versace@May 14th, 2004 - 11:58 am
couture is not out there to keep us from boredom or to supply entertainment versace, its a hard $$$ business and if it is not successful it will cut down on theatrics.

i dont think Couture will never ever die, it may just stay in a more 'intimate' environment like HC ateliers etc.
its just a matter of keeping budgets low :P

Originally posted by versace@May 14th, 2004 - 11:10 am
HEY!!! Don't make peeps kick me off!!! Are you serious???? :unsure:
:lol: do u think i am ever serious....

lena i agree with u 100% ... couture will never die... n i know someday it will all go back in the ateliers... but i dont want that to happen... peeps like me love the spectacle, i would never be into fashion if it hadnt have been for gallianos first spectacle at dior haute couture, my eyes were opened to a whole new world from just one picture!... also the houses need these expensive advert shows for their cash cows the bags makeup etc

Originally posted by eguana@May 14th, 2004 - 5:30 am
i think couture is finally losing it. Its appeal lies in the diversity since every house has its own sort of 'show'
And as for celebrities, its peobably they are the only ones that are rich enough to afford couture and get people interested in it
celebrities, for the most part, can't afford the couture...there are a few who can, but most celebrities wear couture because it's given to them.

Great comments by everyone. Just when we thought it's all about people pulling out of HC, I read this today (from WWD:(

ONE MORE FOR COUTURE: Versace and Ungaro might not be there, but Imitation of Christ is looking to return to the couture. IOC designer Tara Subkoff’s handlers sent around an e-mail this week noting the label’s plans to return to Paris in July, but hopefully not on her dime. “We are looking for partners and monetary sponsors,” the message read. “If you are interest [sic] we would love to set up a meeting for you to meet with Tara Subkoff to further discuss how we can collaborate.”

Is IOC a fairly newish label.. coz ive only heard of it since last year?? Or has it been going round for ages?

Thanks for posting again, Lena. :flower: Seems like me and Didier are on the same page. :lol:

Originally posted by mikeijames+May 14th, 2004 - 8:08 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mikeijames @ May 14th, 2004 - 8:08 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-eguana@May 14th, 2004 - 5:30 am
celebrities, for the most part, can't afford the couture...there are a few who can, but most celebrities wear couture because it's given to them. [/b][/quote]
in that cae couture may be on its way out since celebrities are now the new bourgeosis.

Meanwhile by deploying the fashion police to lock up Julie they should instead call it boredom police since it seem sthats where couture is headed! :yuk: :lol:

Originally posted by versace@May 14th, 2004 - 10:02 pm
Is IOC a fairly newish label.. coz ive only heard of it since last year?? Or has it been going round for ages?
It is not terribly new. The designer behind it is fairly young. It is no where near as established as most couture houses (Dior, Chanel., Valentino). Unfortunately I don't have my Fashion Now book otherwise I could give exact dates.

Originally posted by seditionary+May 14th, 2004 - 6:18 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seditionary @ May 14th, 2004 - 6:18 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-versace@May 14th, 2004 - 11:10 am
HEY!!! Don't make peeps kick me off!!! Are you serious???? :unsure:
:lol: do u think i am ever serious....

lena i agree with u 100% ... couture will never die... n i know someday it will all go back in the ateliers... but i dont want that to happen... peeps like me love the spectacle, i would never be into fashion if it hadnt have been for gallianos first spectacle at dior haute couture, my eyes were opened to a whole new world from just one picture!... also the houses need these expensive advert shows for their cash cows the bags makeup etc [/b][/quote]
my theory is that one of two things will happen.

Haute Couture will go the way of the music industry that instead of a few mainstream companies there will be many smaller and more independant designers servicing to an audience that wants more diversity, lower costs, and more attainability

or

Haute Couture will be come much more provate and the clothes will be shown withouy a spectale only to the clients.

i dont understand that these has been this decline in couture
it was only recent that we heard reports that couture was on the UP

no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->