Cover Rumor Thread #15

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by tFS Thread Manager, Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Good! She would make NO SENSE to get a March cover over a cameo performance at the Superbowl, she will be on for only two minutes or so!

I think we had a rumor that the lovely Kerry Washington is on the March cover.

2. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Will she ever get a Vogue cover? :( :doh: :cry:

If Beyonce is not for March then most probably she's a lock up for May 2016 / The Annua; Women in Music Issue. So I presume a new album is on its way?

3. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

I forgot May is their Women in Music issue, so yeah she is a lock for that, with or without an album haha.

Will be interesting to see who is on March Vogue, because Adele has already graced it, and no celeb has been on the Power Issue twice, she would certainly make sense to break that rule. However, she would be better for Sept when her US leg of the tour starts. I predict Kendall & Gigi, with a huge "Power of Social Media" tagline nonosense!

I think, at this point its safe to say Wintour is not "into" Washington, but her cover could still happen eventually. I think Emilia Clarke is on April or May, not 100% sure.

4. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Rihanna is definitely a lock up this year. Anti + Anti Tour... She and Adele are my top 2 predictions for September. However I'm gearing towards an Adele September, Rihanna for May?

Gigi is possible (if she's not the cover star for VP). However, Kendall I doubt. She's not even "relevant" this season (in terms of campaigns booked) considering March is the advertising heaven of the season. If it's Gigi then I expect the March issue to be bombarded by Versace ads.

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I cannot think of any polarising pop star who never booked March before. Maybe it's not a pop star then? I for one would welcome this, quite weary of them. Guess it points to Kendall & Gigi? I doubt Anna would give either one of two a cover on her own. Elle recently had all the tv women, and no doubt VF will have locked down the Oscar girls for their HW issue. Imo it's either 'The Power of Social Media' or a pop star. Just thought of Jennifer Lopez.....but then again, InStyle February, 16.

6. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Then we all wake up seeing Miss Gwen Stefani yikes.

7. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

I was just thinking the same thing of who could be on the March Vogue. I don't see a pop star covering the issue this year (unless Jlo) but like Benn98 said she's on the Feb InStyle. No Viola or Kerry or Taraji because of Elle.

Only people I can think who can get the cover are March repeats (Rihanna, Adele and Michelle Obama). I say it should be the cast of OINTB. With Laverne, Uzo, Taylor on the main cover and do a behind the scenes type of shot. Or SJP!

8. ottawa

ottawa Member

I definitely agree. Kendall's high fashion moment is over. I'm sure she'll keep getting steady work but probably with mainly high-end commercial work and the occasional runway.

9. CommanderTMugler

CommanderTMugler Well-Known Member

Beyonce in May for ELLE seems about right, yes she does have a Superbowl appearance but there's talks that she's also doing a WW stadium in starting in the spring and going on to the summer in Europe.

I would love one of the ladies from Game of Thrones grace Vogue, most likely it would be the favorite Emilia Clarke but personally Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) would be a knock out, specially with X-Men coming out in May. She's already had 2 features in the magazine, but realistically it's more wishful thinking.

I guess if XMen is coming out, Jennifer Lawrence could be a possibility.
    The Huntsman is also coming out with Charlize, Emily Blunt and Jessica Chastain.

10. Oxymore

Oxymore Active Member

I would to see Sophie Turner! She's stunning!

11. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Emilia Clarke has landed a US Vogue cover for the GOT season launch.

12. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Oh I completely forgot about Emilia Clarke! If she is certain for a cover, it either has to be March or April. GoT opens on April 24, 2016. But April seems more fitting, because the magazine is usually released around that time. April is also The Shape Issue, which is perfect for her as well

13. Fotoholic24

Fotoholic24 Active Member

Im all about that Kendall+Gigi cover, please Anna make that happen! :wub:

14. Riseup

Riseup Well-Known Member

Kris Jenner, is that u? :lol::lol:

15. saucer-like

saucer-like New Member

This statement wouldn't have gone unchallenged like a year ago, unfathomable to some. She already seems to be on that path these days.

It probably makes no different to Anna, once someone is in her good books, so Kendall is likely still in the running. A solo cover for Gigi seems more likely though.

16. kikifoz

kikifoz Member

Adele is definitely getting the March issue of Vogue US. It's a pretty close up face shot.

According to WSJ, Doutzen will be their March cover.

17. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Adele for American Vogue's March issue, seriously? UGH! Not to mention another close-up shot! I am SO over Adele's comeback (after a Rolling Stone cover and God knows what else I've forgot). Guess she is powerful enough to front Vogue's power issue, though.

#197 vogue28, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited by moderator eesawa: Jan 23, 2016
  18. DutchHomme

DutchHomme New Member

No she's not on their March 2016 cover

WSJ Instagram: Guess who's celebrating her birthday today! Hint: she's our March 2015 cover star

19. kikifoz

kikifoz Member

Haha whoops! Poor reading comprehension skills.

20. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Wait, is that a confirmation that it's Adele for Vogue US? I keep getting a hunch that they're going to feature JLo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.