Cover Rumor Thread #15

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by tFS Thread Manager, Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Just as long as the March issue of US Vogue doesn't produce another trite feature about 'the power of social media' featuring Instagram people in a set of uninspired images, on the front of a print magazine that won't sell as well as they think it will.

2. SpeakThatJDunn

SpeakThatJDunn Well-Known Member

I hope March is Adele.

3. t-rex

t-rex everything sucks!

Didn't someone here say a while back it was not a singer for March Vogue?

4. LastNight

LastNight Active Member

I love Adele so I would welcome her, but I really thought she was going to get September this year. It's a bit disappointing to have a star repeat March, however it does makes sense. I remember reading a rumour on here that Emma Watson shot the March cover but I guess that didn't turn out to be true.

5. HodanChloe

HodanChloe Active Member

^ Yeah someone said Emma shot with Testino for the march cover but they deleted it. Hmmm....

6. Wolkfolk

Wolkfolk When in doubt, wear red.

I don't think Adele will go for the March issue , even though nothing says "power issue" like her at the moment. She's too subtle and plays the game way too well to be on a Vogue cover right now. Not with the Rolling Stone cover, the TV appearances, her amazing carpool karaoke and her music still everywhere. She's had enough press for her comeback and I think she'll wait for September and the begining of her american tour. But I may be wrong. We all know that Wintour isn't very subtle and maybe she wants her now before UK Vogue snatch her.

I have a feeling about Jlo too. She's a good catch for the power issue. I mean, love her or hate her but she is one of the hardest working artists in enterntainment. She stars in a brand new Tv show ( which is doing very well in ratings and really isn't that bad actually), she just started her Las Vegas residency with rave reviews also she's on American Idol final season and... Well, she is Jennifer Lopez ! :lol:

#206 Wolkfolk, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited by moderator KK1668: Jan 24, 2016
  7. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I'd welcome Jennifer purely because she's NEVER done a bad cover/photoshoot for this magazine, unlike many of Anna's pets. Must admit though that I couldn't sit through the debut episode of her show, rewatched an old episode of Endeavour instead. It just felt like a compilation of all her past works, only with a more sexier, pouting Jlo. But that's probably what people want from her.

8. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

It's 100% NOT Lopez on March!

9. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Yikes!! Didn't even think it likely. In all fairness the timing is apt, but a close-up?? Hopefully it's not another Garbo style close-up devoid of fashion.

10. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Any clues??:p

11. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

Is it Gal Gadot? She has the Superman v. Batman movie coming out and Keeping Up with the Joneses b

12. HodanChloe

HodanChloe Active Member

Gal Gadot will get one for Wonder Woman next year, not now IMO.

If it is Adele I already know what the cover will look like - a headshot, cat eye, and windswept hair.:rolleyes:

13. Miss Dalloway

^ It should be indeed Adele, with a very predictable cover, but i hope for once its a false info haha.

14. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

I think it was always going to be pretty much certain that Adele would land the cover. She's stayed clear of all over major covers for a reason. Aside from Time & i-D for someone of her scale, she's stayed very under the radar in magazine terms!

15. Miss Dalloway

^ True, I'm shocked actually, because i heard some major cover offers that she refused. Apparently she said NO to W, and Vanity Fair, both huge titles. I appreciate the fact she is not forcing herself down our throats though, we all know she could be like Cate, Reese, Nicole.etc and never say no to a publication!! :rolleyes: To think she has done only 3 covers since her album came out, is amazing.

16. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

My only problem with her is that all these covers looks the same. I just wonder how different Vogue will look.

17. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

I feel like we can't blame the magazines fully for that fact. Adele has, and can demand, approval over the type of imagery created as she did with British Vogue previously. It was not ultimately their decision to only use a headshot, but Adele's direction that it had to be. Hopefully we're going to see more of in this shoot, she's beautiful. Any idea who shot it?

18. MON

MON Well-Known Member

I wonder who also shot it. It doubt that it would be M&M because it would feel lazy and repetitive in all aspects. Her last cover was March now she's for March then shot by M&M again?

She seems to be fascinated with Alasdair no? I want to see her photographed by Mikael Jansson. That would be stunning. Or by Demarchelier.

19. Creative

Creative Well-Known Member

I like Adele but OMG, the simple thought of her fronting a fashion magazine bores me to tears. YAWWWWN. I rather have Kendull just for the sake of reading the thread.

20. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

UK Tatler March 2016 is Lily Travers, it's just turned up in the post. Apparently she's Virginia McKenna's granddaughter, her father now runs the Born Free foundation. And she's a nascent actress.

Not a super-thick issue (214 pgs) but Tatler never was a doorstop any month of the year. Comes with a cosmetic surgery catalogue, sorry, 'supplement' and a Harrods mini-mag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.