Cover Rumor Thread #19

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by 8eight, Mar 28, 2018.

1. TommysBaby

TommysBaby Active Member

She wouldn't give away the Sept cover star, would she? Although, secrecy is a joke because I think for the past several years everyone and their mothers have correctly predicted Sept cover stars. I do welcome the idea of Gigi on the cover of Vogue again!

2. MON

MON Well-Known Member

It has to be for a cover. Why would they invite Gigi over there because she has a shoot?

Also, the fact that they included an old photo of her from her old shoot seems like they're doing a feature exclusively about her. Not with Zayn, not with an athlete.

Unless Vogue usually does editorials + write ups, then this is indeed for a cover shoot.

3. Mercury6181

Mercury6181 Member

If Gigi gets the September cover, I’ll be so happy! A solo cover is well overdue and it’d be great to have a real model on the cover of Vogue US again!

FashionMuseDior and MON like this.
  4. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Yes to Gigi scoring her first solo Vogue US cover, and September at that! I actually came across her photo in the Prada campaign while leafing through a Vogue yesterday and I realized - the girl's kinda grown on me.

5. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

Mmmm....am I still logging into TFS? People here actually welcome the possibility of another solo Gigi cover? I never thought I'd live to see that day.

anlabe32, 333101, Style Savvy and 7 others like this.
  6. apple

apple Well-Known Member

I am really happy for Gigi. She has grown a lot and she is undoubtedly the model of this generation.

gunsnroses and FashionMuseDior like this.
  7. FashionMuseDior

FashionMuseDior Active Member

I agree with you, she is without a doubt. I learnt sometime ago to embrace her and her work as a model.

8. GreyVetiver

GreyVetiver Active Member

Gigi is a celebrity. She was and has always been. PERIODT.

Not a hater here but her work has never impressed me. There are so many models who actually worked hard and deserve recognition.

Hafyiez wafa and anlabe32 like this.
  9. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

I'm so excited of Gigi getting a solo cover! She and her sister had been working so hard in the model industry -no matter their family influence-.

Mercury6181 likes this.
  10. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Well-Known Member

I like Gigi quite a bit, but calling her the model of her generation is, um, pretty bold. If you’re going by the strength of her modeling alone, there’s certainly many others ahead of her and if you’re going by social media and press clout, Kendall is ahead.

Aizanara likes this.
  11. 8eight

8eight Well-Known Member

Would Anna do a Taylor and James Corden cover for December for Cats? She loves them both.

12. octoberchild

octoberchild Active Member

Okay, I’ll bite.

If you’re not a native English speaker I can maybe understand not quite grasping the context clues re: Gigi and Vogue but if you’re a native English speaker, what aren’t you understanding? :lol:

I watched the video and read the excerpt from the article and this totally sounds like an editorial - a fashion story. Not a cover. And I don’t understand where talks of a profile came from? Neither the video or article mentions that (although, yes, plenty of people gets a couple pics and a profile in Vogue - politicians, actresses like Sofia Vergara or Mindy Kaling or even Tiffany Haddish in last year’s September Vogue - namely women of color/women who are too old according to Anna’s standards :sick:)

Anything is possible but I sincerely doubt Gigi has the cover. The model who so far has only been able to land covers with men is now not only deemed solo cover worthy, but worthy of the big prize? There’s a clear demarcation between Gigi/the Hadids and Kendull/the Kartrashian machine, hence no solo cover for Gigi and Bella can only manage a digital cover, meanwhile Kendull does have a September cover. Unless Gigi starts dating Leo, I don’t see that changing.

I don’t know, maybe my tolerance for speculation with no factual basis has virtually disappeared (who can blame me in today’s climate) or maybe this thread isn’t as helpful for news on upcoming covers as I thought previously? Idk.

But speculating on all those high profile actresses (I’m sure with big egos,m) signing up to do a joint September cover? When Anna rarely does multiple actresses on a cover and she already did that with the April issue? Some people saw right through that and others didn’t and I’m just confused?:huh:

If anything, speculation that makes sense for September is Meryl Streep. In addition to the meeting she had with Anna a while back, someone on this thread astutely observed that Vogue is the Kartrashian domain and maybe Taylor may not want anything to do with Vogue - she hasn’t been to the Met since that disaster relationship with Tom which started tarnishing her image with many people when she used to semi-regularly attend before 2016.

Not only that, but Oscar campaigning season is starting way earlier this year. I read on WWD some months back that NYFW organizers are panicking about getting big names to attend the shows in February since NYFW coincides with Oscar week next year and who wants to be freezing in NY when you can be in LA, attending parties and networking for your next role?

Tacky Taylor could very well get September but with Oscar season starting early this year, I would not be surprised to see all actress on the covers for the rest of the year, starting with September and Meryl or any other actress who is trying to position herself as an Oscar contender makes more sense than Gigi (although logic and good sense has left Vogue a long time ago).

Bertrando3 and Miss Dalloway like this.
  13. KissMiss

KissMiss Well-Known Member

I don’t mind Gigi but I am truly surprised to be witnessing this spell of excitement for a model (yes, I think she is) who was pretty much a subject of virtual fashion inquisition here :)
    Personally, I prefer her to the rest of the gang. I thought Bella was actually my favourite but then the other day, someone on Instagram made slides with her Vogue covers and I was shocked to rediscover how utterly mediocre her work is. I honestly forgot how substandard most of her work has been. There were however few outstanding ones.
    As far as Kendall is concerned - no comment. If only some sort of fashion contraceptives existed :-D

14. biagiolr

biagiolr Member

How many pages should we expect for this september issue? Any ideas, rumors?

15. caioherrero

caioherrero Active Member

16. Kite

Kite Active Member

I hope the Gigi cover is true but it’s a Gigi/Bella Cover...Smiling, family blah blah.

I want Bella.

17. TZ001

TZ001 Well-Known Member

Bella??

18. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

So, you’ve seen the cover? Shot by who?

19. octoberchild

octoberchild Active Member

Wait, what? How are you saying at the same time that you want both the rumors of a Gigi cover to be true but you also want Bella? With no Gigi?

That doesn’t make sense. Were you rushing writing this or are you trolling :ninja:

IF this is true it’s only marginally better than a Swift cover but still tacky but it’s Anna’s Vogue so that’s to be expected.

20. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Well-Known Member

To me it seems clear they’d like both Gigi and Bella on the cover together. They like the idea of Gigi on the cover, but they’d like it even better with Bella, in addition to (not instead of) Gigi.