Cover Rumor Thread #19

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by 8eight, Mar 28, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. LastNight

LastNight Active Member

You can see the behind the scenes for Gaga's shoot with Ruth Hogben/Lobster Eye here; styled by Nicola Formichetti.

2. gunsnroses

gunsnroses Active Member

Bella was at a shoot for Harpers Bazaar Arabia

3. Blayne266

Blayne266 Member

Any ideas on Vogue UK November? Should be released next Monday!

4. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

^I know one thing: I'm in desperate need of some Steven Meisel. Although I do have a feeling Edward might save a Meisel feature for the December issue, which will be his first anniversary at British Vogue.

There was a rumor about Beyonce having shot the cover of British Vogue, right?

aracic and Blayne266 like this.
  5. Blayne266

Blayne266 Member

I totally agree, I’m in need of some Meisel Magic!!! You are probably right in saying he probably saved him for December unless the rumours of Beyoncé having December are true, which I imagine Meisel didn’t shoot!!

6. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Source: Fashionweekdaily.com

Blayne266 likes this.
  7. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Edward, rumour has it Germanotta has put out her feelers to secure a UK Vogue cover. I'm guessing it will probably happen early 2019 when she'll be knee deep in Best Actress Oscar campaigning and as such would be an obvious choice. Sigh.

Blayne266 likes this.
  8. TREVOFASHIONISTO

TREVOFASHIONISTO Active Member

Maryna Linchuk is shooting for Vogue Czech Republic with the photographer who shot Karolina. Possibly a cover

9. marsnoop2

marsnoop2 Active Member

Alessandra Ambrosio was possibly shooting for Vogue Polska in Warsaw yesterday.

10. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Her team said they would be ok even with January. :doh: So funny how hard these celebs are trying to score Edward's Vogue, long time ago, it was all about getting a cover from Anna!

Also Blake Lively team campaigning to get her a UK Vogue cover next year. I'm actually shocked she hasn't showed up on any covers for her new Paul Feig movie, it's actually getting good reviews, but looks so ridic!

MagFan likes this.
  11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Eh, is that the one which looks looks like Gone Girl 2? Saw a trailer for it some time ago.

I wonder if Blake was the one who annoyed Anna by asking for a UK cover after she turned her down for US Vogue. Am I warm, lukewarm, or cold.............:lol:

gunsnroses and KateIsGr8 like this.
  12. RanThe

RanThe Member

^^^ wait, Blaker turned down US Vogue or Anna turned down Blake? Because I thought Blake was one of her favorites.

I rather have Blake on the September cover rather than Beyoncé stuff that we got

13. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Hahah that's the one. I heard that was Reese W. actually, kinda surprising she would turn any cover down.

UK Vogue Nov is a model cover, unless they had a last minute change. No idea who, but i would love Adut to get a solo cover.

14. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Crikey, of all the people Reese was the last one I'd have thought of! Lol! For me she's very far removed from Edward's Vogue, unless she always wanted to cover British Vogue. Alexandra was very picky over which of the American actresses she wanted to feature on covers, all of them sort of had a European edge to them. But maybe Oprah's recent coup will signal a change in direction.

Based on the article way above, I'd say it's a toss up between Fran and Adut for November. I hope it's an OG for either, because Edward has been relying heavily on celebs so far. Out of 11 covers, 4 had been given to models, yet only one didn't rely on an Insta/nepo model.

15. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

^ Do you guys remember that Edward had an Instastory poll about whether Alek Wek should be a future cover star of Vogue UK? Maybe she gets November?

Blayne266 and Benn98 like this.
  16. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Yes, completely forgot about that!!

17. Blayne266

Blayne266 Member

I’d love to see a cover with Adut & Alek !!!

amby, Benn98 and tigerrouge like this.
  18. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Just goes to show how Edward made UK Vogue commercial and accessible. What was once exclusive (albeit very discriminatory) is now up for grabs for lobbying. Not that I’m saying that celebs didn’t lobby for a cover under Alex, it’s just that it seems worse now. I hoep Edward keeps the roseter exclusive. Exclusivity, coupled with diversity, when it comes to celebrities, is always, always, a welcomed concept.

I can hear Oprah saying “you get a UK Vogue cover! You get a UK Vogue cover! You all get a UK Vogue cover!”

Benn98 and Blayne266 like this.
  19. HodanChloe

HodanChloe Member

Vogue UK was never exclusive though. Wasn't Cheryl Cole on the cover a couple times? Alexandra had her (white) favourites that she rotated every bloody year, at least with Edward we're seeing fresh new faces.

I 'll never forget when she finally gave Jourdan Dunn a solo cover after so many years. Alexa Chung and Sienna Miller had about 20 covers between them and yet a successful black BRITISH MODEL had to wait a million years to get her first and last solo cover. So glad she's gone! :angry:

20. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I get what he means, British Vogue was very exclusive. For both actresses and models it wasn't an easy get, especially before the era where brands lobbied for their spokespersons to get covers. When you read Alexandra's memoir you'll find that she personally had to approve of all the subjects. And for someone who doesn't move in Hollywood circles, you can imagine that pool was much smaller. You only need to see how long it took for Charlize Theron or Renee Zellweger (Oscar winners!!) to get one measly cover. I think Cheryl, Alexa and Sienna got their covers that easily because Alexandra knew they were immensely profitable in the UK at the time. Don't ask me how Kristen Stewart got hers so quickly. Twilight, perhaps?

In regards to models, we all know that Alexandra stood in the way of a lot of models completing their top 4. If you weren't British, and your name wasn't Gisele/Lara/Natalia, your chances were pretty slim. Freja is the exception, and even went on to book repeats. But Doutzen, Natasha, Raquel were shunned. Here too, I think the reason she was so out of touch was because she didn't really pay much attention to who's trending in other countries. It's not like Alt who must know by now that fans would like to see Raquel/Karlie/Joan on VP, but won't grant them that just because. Lol.