Cover Rumor Thread #19

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by 8eight, Mar 28, 2018.

1. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Terribly disappointed that Glenn Close is not even considered by these magazines.

All these magazines talk about diversity as if diversity is exclusive to race. What about women of age? of different sizes?

This is the perfect opportunity to feature Glenn Close and yet we’re still seeing the likes of Gaga, Colman ++

2. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

Not sure it’s fair to use Coleman as an example of someone who’s regularly receiving covers. She’s never covered a single magazine to my knowledge, despite having been a huge success here in the UK for a number of years before The Favourite.

I do believe however if Alexandra was still at Vogue she’d likely have gotten a cover.

3. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Olivia should've gotten the cover in 2017 already for Broadchurch, instead, she only got the interview. Based on the photographer who shot her edit then, I'd say she wasn't considered for the cover. It seems she's more likely to get American Vogue first before she gets British Vogue, which is preposterous.

I hope Justine will give her a cover!

4. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Um, check any issue of UK Vogue, and Edward Enninful is the only EIC who is putting his money where his mouth is! In his 1 year he has used more mature women inside the magazine (and on the cover)than Alexandra has done in her 25 years! Not to mention that he has worked with models of different sizes. He IS doing it!

Now as for Glenn, as talented as she is, it would be suicide for any mainstream magazine to put her on the cover, because you wouldn't sell, at all. It's just how it is, I love her look, and think she photographs well, and has such presence, but cover girl she is not. Magazines are dying, it is impossible to move print these days, Either way, i doubt someone like Close cares about covers anyway.

5. KissMiss

KissMiss Well-Known Member

Oscar is what she needs not a cover that people of her grandeur probably don't even care about.
    As sad as it makes me, I think it is inevitable, the print is over. As much as I like holding the actual magazine, maybe it's not such a bad thing from the environmental point of view... fewer trees cut for overwhelmingly mediocre content :)

6. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

^ I agree, if she doesn't win, now that is something to get upset over, not her failing to score covers of Vogue, that she probably doesn't even rate. For me Close was the best perfomance of the year, easily over Olivia!

And yeah, print being over will at least have that positive effect haha.

7. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

:eek: Take that back, lol! It's just that this is Olivia's moment right now. For once the entire British press is rooting for her in unison, even Daily Mail. They may have published that tear-down about her being a penniless cleaner before becoming famous a few weeks ago, but it's been nothing but praise since. Plus, how glorious would it be to make your entry into Hollywood with an Oscar?

Glenn Close was good but her character was problematic and even disingenuous at some point.

Miss Dalloway likes this.
  8. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

Shalom just got a cover for VJ, and there's another one coming.

AFWQ and Blayne266 like this.
  9. AFWQ

AFWQ Active Member

(I don't if was already written here)
    Cindy, Carla Bruni, Mariacarla, Elle Macpherson each have a solo cover on the Feb19of Elle Italia.

Bertrando3 likes this.
  10. 8eight

8eight Well-Known Member

Rumours of a Taylor Swift global Elle deal.

11. Morgane07

Morgane07 Active Member

There are rumours she's releasing her 7th album. She didn't give any interview for her last album if I'm not mistaken.

12. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

I remember they did it for Beyonce or Gaga

13. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

^ Angelina Jolie as well. It's becoming quite common for them, so of course every star with an ounce of media power will ask for it and accept nothing less.

ivano likes this.
  14. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I expect nothing less than a special edition paying tribute to Karl from Justine. She would actually go that far. And the eventual thinkpieces will follow too, along with talks and perhaps even a biography. As macabre as it may sound, Karl's death may have provided at least 2-solid years of content for Harper's

15. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Just in time for April. April is heavily rumored to be the start of her new “era”

16. Blayne266

Blayne266 Active Member

So I’m not 100% sure but...

Bella Hadid is in Atheths shooting today and I saw on a fan account say that it’s apparently for Vogue Greece. I was a little suspicious so I did a little snooping and discovered that the only model the EIC follows is Bella.

Could just be a coincidence.

russianelf, MON and Benn98 like this.
  17. Blayne266

Blayne266 Active Member

***Athens

18. KateIsGr8

KateIsGr8 Active Member

Does anyone know what’s going on with Interview? There’s a lot of content online from a “February 2019” issue but I haven’t seen a cover anywhere.

19. Hafyiez wafa

Hafyiez wafa Active Member

what date vogue greece will be launch for the first issue?

20. crmsnsnwflks

crmsnsnwflks Active Member

As well as the US edition of the same magazine title. She was photographed by two different photographers.