Cover Rumor Thread #19

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by 8eight, Mar 28, 2018.

1. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

Gaga for September? Good luck with her most promoted trailer in history.

2. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

OMG OMG OMG after a decade, this better be true.

#202 MDNA, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited by moderator melisdedeoglu: Jun 10, 2018
  3. 8eight

8eight Well-Known Member

Madonna is 60 this year. So she must be doing a big cover...

4. LastNight

LastNight Active Member

Imagine Madonna by Meisel for US Vogue September...one can but dream!

5. caioherrero

caioherrero Well-Known Member

But this instagram account is a fan base

6. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

If you read the comments on the Instagram post, the rumours circulating the Madonna x Meisel reunion is for an upcoming album cover Madonna has in the works, and not for a magazine.

7. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

I didn’t hear of any rumors about them working together again, so that post was quite random though. I guess ppl said it’s for her new album artwork just because Madonna has been teasing her new music a lot on Instagram.

If their reunion is true, a British Vogue September cover is what I’m expecting as I posted few weeks ago. Madonna’s 60th birthday is coming in August, and Meisel is a lock for September issue since he has shot the covers for Dec/March/June. But of course, it could be both.

8. 8eight

8eight Well-Known Member

The Mail (i know, i know...) have reported today that Victoria will be on the September cover of UK Vogue. With the family and David inside.
    it will be 10 years of her fashion label.

9. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

^ She defo didn’t get the cover, it’s a feature for VB, no idea if family is in the shot.

Madonna better be for a cover by Meisel. Especially since last year she turned down guest editing VP which then went to Rihanna and became the most boring guest edited Christmas issue in their history, imo.

10. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

dailymail.co.uk

11. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I'm always interested in Victoria and how she's made the most of herself... but spare me this package deal.

12. Miss Dalloway

^ Same here, no interest in David or her kids, at all. Focus should be on her, and her brand. But no worries, Rihanna is the Sept cover.

13. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

Whilst Victoria has been featured before, surely for her label's anniversary she'd have negotiated a cover in there? Throwing in David and the family was probably a way of securing it. Perhaps she's October's?

14. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

So, Rihanna for September. Victoria for October? November Alek Wek and I would put money on December being Kate Moss if she doesn’t appear on the August issue.

15. Miss Dalloway

Perhaps, but timing is weird since Sept and it’s content, is being shot now. And two celebs in a row?I wont be shocked if VB is ok with just a feature since she will get plenty of other cover chances.

^ More than Kate, I really would prefer a Naomi cover, sigh.

#215 Miss Dalloway, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Lika: Jun 10, 2018
  16. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    BritishVogue’s Instagram.

It’s like he’s trolling us.

17. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

The one thing I really expected to happen under Edward's reign is the triumphant return of Naomi Campbell on the cover of UK Vogue, all sins forgiven, and perhaps even shot by Meisel himself.

I don't feel I can really get behind the 'New Vogue' until something like that happens.

Blayne266 likes this.
  18. ivano

ivano Well-Known Member

That would be so cool! She was the star in the last Versace ad (along Christy and Gisele). Maybe she shares cover with Kate, same way as Gigi and Bella in march (imagine Kate by Meisel!). About the Becks, I think David deserves more that Vogue cover, rather than victoria. He's a fashion icon, it would be cool if he is on it. His L'Uomo Vogue cover was major! I don't know if he is a good seller for british GQ.

19. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Can't say I'm all psyched at the idea of the Beckhams on Vogue. They've done this for US Vogue before, but didn't get the cover. I suppose given Victoria's omnipresence on British Vogue it wouldn't be that much of a stretch. And shoving the entire family on the cover would probably tear at the heartstrings of the Daily Mail-type reader while serving as a subtle one-up on Alexandra's Vogue. 'I didn't just get her, I got her and the hubby, AND the kids', just like he may have had Cara again, but shot by Meisel. Someone once mentioned Victoria hoped to be photographed by Meisel at some stage. I can see her leveraging what she's offering to make that happen, although I'm not sure Meisel will budge.

And he should just give Naomi her cover so we're over it. It's like a band-aid about to be ripped off at this stage. Better her than Rihanna. Only looking forward to Alek Wek!

20. Zposen

Zposen Well-Known Member

Word on the street is that Kim K had a top secret shoot with Klein for two days last week... wonder for what publication?

Anna needs sales...if Kendall is able to move mags she might try her luck with Kim again sans Kanye.