1. Server maintenance is scheduled for today (8/15/2020) between 11 AM and 2 PM Eastern Time (ET). The site will go down for 15-20 minutes. We'll try to get it done before noon. Thank you for your understanding.
    Dismiss Notice

Cover Rumor Thread #19

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by 8eight, Mar 28, 2018.

1. TomFordforGucci

TomFordforGucci Active Member

BLACKPINK, Paloma Elsesser, Liu Yifei, Chloe x Halle, Rina Sawayama, KiKi Layne... the potential.

2. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

Considering she got Vogue US sept 2019 y UK january 2020... Maybe Taylor for ELLE USA?

caioherrero likes this.
  3. crmsnsnwflks

crmsnsnwflks Well-Known Member

Look what I found on Twitter.
    But then again, stan accounts aren't reliable sometimes.
    Screenshot_20200726-174411.jpg

4. crmsnsnwflks

crmsnsnwflks Well-Known Member

People are also speculating that it's either Gigi Hadid or Charli D'Amelo.

5. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

Charli D’Amelio? I’d rather die before seeing that happening.

6. Armani

Armani Tech Support

God, I pray it's not Charli. Gigi and Nicki seem pretty plausible, however.

Benn98 likes this.
  7. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Oh let it be Nicki Minaj please! The woman deserves it. Love her or hate her, she established herself.

Although the photographer choice makes it suspect for me. If it were Annie Leibovitz, I'd believe it. Who am I kidding though, as if stan Twitter knows Annie Leibovitz.

I don't think Charli D'Amelio will ever be on the cover of Vogue soon. Especially in this political climate. Tons of black actresses and models are shunned month after month despite their longevity in the industry (coupled with track record) and yet Charli (a white girl) who barely established herself beyond that app, not only gets a Vogue cover, but THE September issue cover just because she has an iPhone and can move her arms. And that's not me being dismissive of her, I'm just stating a fact. If TikTok gets banned in the US, what becomes of this "influencer"? Exactly. How then is that an up and coming star?

If they want to feature an up and coming star, feature Halle Bailey. Not only is she a singer, but she's also branching out to acting.

#3127 MON, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    gunsnroses, Armani, slayage and 3 others like this.
  8. Kite

Kite Well-Known Member

I doubt Anna would have David LaChapelle shoot a cover ever.

9. MON

MON Well-Known Member

AND, we all know Anna. She'd want that pregnancy reveal as an exclusive. However, knowing how Vogue Values 2020 is Motherhood, a pregnant Nicki appearing on the cover doesn't seem that hard to imagine.

YohjiAddict and aracic like this.
  10. aracic

aracic Moderator

LaChapelle shooting US Vogue cover? Please.
    I'd love to see either Nicki or Gigi but somehow neither of them seem... realistic? I don't know. Perhaps Gigi because there's been such an obvious lack of her presence in all these homemade editorials and there's been no exclusive pregnancy interviews so... it'd make sense. As for that thrid girl, Charli, who?? I had to Google her and.. no. Seriously, no!

YohjiAddict, SRank and jorgepalomo like this.
  11. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

Charli is like 15 or 16 years old and US Vogue pledged to not work with underage models, I think. I assume that applies to celebrity cover stars as well.

I don’t think it’s Nicki either, but it’s a whole new world so I guess I shouldn’t rule it out.

gunsnroses and Armani like this.
  12. Kite

Kite Well-Known Member

If there is anyone that doesn’t deserve a Vogue Cover, it’s a TikTok Star...

13. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

Gigi makes a lot of sense for a pregnant September Vogue US cover, it's just the type of thing that Anna likes.

I am dying for a Rina Sawayama Vogue UK cover, btw. Edward, please make it happen!

14. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Nope, apparently it's fine if the child appears as a celebrity subject with their name displayed on the cover. That's the strategy Alt and Farneti used to get Kaia on their covers before she became of age.
    I was amazed that some story about Charli and her boyfriend made the rounds which involved cheating of some sort, I don't know I didn't read the full article. I get that newspapers are trying to court a younger audience but do we really need to be concerned about the love life of a 15-year old? And a Vogue cover would just further that sort of culture. It's enough that they're in the August issue of Vanity Fair.

That Nicki/LaChapelle shoot could either be for Vanity Fair or Rolling Stone. Don't think he'd ever shoot a US Vogue cover. I would like to see her get it over Gigi though. But my money is still on Naomi, which of course is just a hunch.

15. RAKxoxo

RAKxoxo New Member

Apparently gigi confirmed to a fan that she didn’t get the cover the screen shot is on @hfconfess on instagram

gunsnroses and KateTheGreatest like this.
  16. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

^Phew, relieved! It seems Vogue would rather wait for that baby to come first. Anything, NOT to give her an OG cover, lol.

I keep reading Halle Berry and scratching my head at the 'singer' bit, lol.

17. aracic

aracic Moderator

Tbh the screenshot looks fake. Why'd she sound so utterly shocked at the possibility of a Vogue cover with all those question and exclamation marks? lol
    After all, she did book that cover three times despite always being accompanied by men... or a whole group of women.

I also hate myself for wasting 20 minutes looking through the account's feed searching for that post only to realise it's in the stories...

18. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

Like she would confirm it to a fan if she did actually get a cover.

19. Melanie Anne Smith

Melanie Anne Smith New Member

So I'm new here but have been a fan of This Board Since 2012.

Anyways I'm confused why would David LaChapelle never Photographed for Vogue ?

Did Him & Anna Wintour have a falling out years ago.

Or does She just think He's simply trash ?

20. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Every magazine has its own roster of photographers. For US Vogue we have Leibovitz, Jansson, Inez & Vinoodh. Before there was Testino, Meisel, and Mert & Marcus. Anna also uses Tyler Mitchell and Ethan James Green every now and then.

So unless the cover star requests for a specific photographer (Beyonce's Tyler Mitchell, and Reese's Zoe Ghertner) chances are, Anna will only use her favorites. However, I don't think Nicki (as well as other celebs who aren't Beyonce, Adele ++) holds that amount of power to bring in her own team.