1. Server maintenance is scheduled for today (8/15/2020) between 11 AM and 2 PM Eastern Time (ET). The site will go down for 15-20 minutes. We'll try to get it done before noon. Thank you for your understanding.
    Dismiss Notice

Cover Rumor Thread #19

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by 8eight, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Melanie Anne Smith

Melanie Anne Smith New Member

Ok that makes sense. Thanks!

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Vogue Japan October 2020 preview: Vittoria Ceretti by Luigi & Iango

[​IMG]

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

3. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

Every L&I editorial/cover starts to look like the other by now...

mikel likes this.
  4. aracic

aracic Moderator

Yass, can't wait for Vittoria by L&I :heart:

Mercury6181, avonlea002 and vogue28 like this.
  5. mepps

mepps Well-Known Member

Every single "star" listed in this thread as a possible cover choice for the September issue of American Vogue, is laughable.
    Not because they aren't in contention, but because they are. Vogue is a complete joke at this point. Instantly forgettable, within days of it's monthly release.
    I honestly don't know how people on this board find the energy to be interested in fashion magazines anymore.

6. 8eight

8eight Well-Known Member

UK Cosmo - Maya Jama

7. Starry

Starry Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I guess we will most likely to see L&I covers & eds for Vogue Japan for the rest of the year. I think they shot all the Fall/Winter eds right after the fashion week in March before the wide lockdown in most countries. Apparently Vogue Japan is releasing those works issue by issue. But I am afraid those works by L&I are the only ready materials they have in hand and unless they commissioned other sources to shoot more stuff recently, we will see L&I for October, November and December.

SRank likes this.
  8. DK92

DK92 Active Member

After all that huge buzz that Jennifer Lopez had earlier this year (Hustlers + Versace + Super Bowl) I wonder if now after having an Emmy nomination she has a chance to be on Vogue US!

9. Kite

Kite Well-Known Member

The rumour was that she was scheduled for a US VOGUE cover earlier In the year for her wedding, debuting her Atelier Versace wedding dress but the wedding and subsequently the cover were postponed due to Covid19

10. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict The future is stupid

I hope not.

11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

The irony of asking such a question on the magazine section of a fashion forum, lol.
    We're fascinated with magazines, point. The current state if awful, but some editions do still try.

12. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Sad thing is, after thirty years of enthusiasm, I'm in agreement with the sentiment.

At this stage, my only real interest is in UK Vogue and French Vogue. I might have a lot of opinions about what Edward puts out, but at least he seems to believe in print and he's doing what he can to keep the magazine alive and kicking. And things like Tatler and French Elle are light bites that I'm happy to pick up.

But most of the publications I used to have time for are now a shadow of their former selves - US Elle is a husk, and aside from its cover choices Vanity Fair is a chore to read, and titles like Allure are limping along with no purpose. Who knows what will happen at US Bazaar, but I'm not inclined to gamble on a positive outcome.

US Vogue, I calculated that I've bought five issues during the past ten years.

And now the main newsagents in my country is gone, I'll be having to buy most titles over the internet, which makes it even less likely that I'll bother getting a copy.

However, if I'm not spending money, time and attention on new magazines, the positive side is - I love the magazines I already have, and I should put some funds into creating a proper storage and display set-up for a core collection of treasured issues. An out-there idea is creating something of my own, which is so far away on the horizon I can barely see it.

Winding up my interest in something that's been a big hobby as well as part of my identity, having worked in print... it's strange days.

13. chaneltae

chaneltae New Member

what about sophie turner on the september issue ? They never confirmed or talked about the pregnancy

Razjel likes this.
  14. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Adut Akech will be on the August cover of Vogue Australia.

gunsnroses, dodencebt, aracic and 5 others like this.
  15. 8eight

8eight Well-Known Member

Red Uk - Corinne Bailey Rae
    Marie Claire - digital - Lily Cole

16. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

An odd choice for Red, but unsurprising in some ways after the immense backlash they received for having had two POC on their covers in the last six years.

I didn’t realise Corrine was still around / recording!

17. jorgepalomo

jorgepalomo Well-Known Member

Collier Schorr was on set with Freja Beha Erichsen this weekend accordin to her latest instagram post

18. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

"For the first time in Vogue’s 128-year history, all 26 global editions have united to celebrate positive voices from around the world in a global portfolio of photography and a shared issue theme: Hope. #BritishVogue’s submission is Second World War veteran and NHS fundraiser Captain Sir Thomas Moore. Back in April, as Britain was approaching the peak of the coronavirus, #CaptainTom decided to walk a hundred laps of his garden and raise £1,000 for @NHSCharitiesTogether by his 100th birthday on 30 April. By the time he celebrated his century, donations exceeded £32 million. “I feel hopeful that, after this, throughout the world, nation after nation will be friends with one another,” Captain Tom told Vogue. See the portfolio in the September 2020 issue, on newsstands and available for digital download Friday 7 August and click the link in bio for more on the global #VogueHope project.

Photographed by @AlasdairMcLellan."

As mentioned before, all editions uniting for a September issue project. Captain Sir Thomas Moore will be in there for the UK, though no word on if that's a cover. I assume it's not, but who knows.

19. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Given that the only topic left untouched by fashion magazines seems to be hardcore science, I look forward to molecular structures making their first appearance on the October cover.