Cover Rumor Thread #2

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by iluvjeisa, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

No... because surely a tribute issue would include many pieces from the McQueen archive, so it wouldn't really matter so much that it wasn't in the same season? Do any tributes happen that soon to someone's death? Generally don't the magazines run a brief feature, and then spend more time working on something larger.

2. ALAUU

ALAUU New Member

If Chanel Iman gets the cover of VP, I can only imagine how big her head will get :innocent: But, I would imagine that Vogue UK will do a big tribute to McQueen. He was the most influential British designer.

3. tanii94

tanii94 Active Member

Chanel Iman's head is already huge. It can't get any bigger. I'm expecting Rose for the cover.

I doubt Vogue US will do any tribute issues to McQueen.:ermm: It's eith VP or Vogue UK.

4. AD011620

AD011620 Well-Known Member

I can see Vogue UK doing this... and I am sure who the cover girl will be: KATE MOSS... maybe she will share it with Naomi... or maybe even with someone like Stella Tennant...

5. tocceve

tocceve New Member

^I think we can be certain that it will be Rose, the imagist comments aren't always true.

When I heard of Chanek getting a major French magazine cover I actually thought of French Revue de Modes which is kinda not that major, sorry Chanel.

All those news of Arlenis, Chanel, Jourdan, Rose and Kelly for VP really sound like there will be indeed an All Black issue (may it be called that way or even better : not). Since Vogue Paris aesthetics are completely different to Vogue Itallias, I think this could be interesting although.

6. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

^ Chanel will be on the cover of Lula and is Lula French publication? or UK?

And I hope KissMiss words becomes real, I mean about tribute issue & Kate Moss cover. :D
    I wonder in which month Kate will pop-up on the cover of UK Vogue, I know she will... for September again?

#5046 tarsha, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited by moderator : Feb 14, 2010
  7. pajonk

pajonk New Member

Where is W cover ?:judge:

8. AD011620

AD011620 Well-Known Member

by the way what about VI making tribute for Alexander McQueen... remember tribute issue for YSL? with Linda, Karen, etc...

9. Simera

Simera Active Member

Lord please not Chanel! :lol I'd prefer Daria every month (and I can't stand her either) than Chanel.

10. Mr-Dale

Mr-Dale Unveil Yourself....

Seriously, what is it with the Chanel hate on this forum...it's ridiculous.

11. LabelWhore4

LabelWhore4 New Member

^ Don't worry you'll get used to it!:rolleyes:

12. tocceve

tocceve New Member

^I don't like her either but not because of her attitude, I don't really care about that if I'm not into the look of someone. She's just not my type and I'm fine with her being successful though Vogue Paris is definitely not the magazine I want to see her on but do I don't like many models they use so that doesn't mean that much either.

I don't think Chanel deserves the hate but people got over hating Catherine McNeil and Abbey Lee Kershaw, why can't they at least tolerate Chanel?

13. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

^Tolerate is an excellent word to use for Chanel, for me at least. I wouldn't mind her being on Vogue Paris, because I know for a fact that Carine/VP team would have done something terrific.
    I'm just going to wait until the cover has surfaced, I love all this suspense.

14. cold_sun

cold_sun New Member

^yah me too ! Its like being at the movies, I only need popcorn, the refresh button and Ill be fine :rofl:

15. retailqueen

retailqueen Active Member

The Chanel hate is boring and unecessary.
    It's not Miss congeniality, it's modelling.

I don't particualrly follow her career but the cobstant bashing gets tiring.

16. trikekos

trikekos New Member

Chanel is great, but I think her face needs to mature a little bit more, and then we will see. VP eds tend to be strong and pretty controversial in my opinion, Idk.
    Rose would be a good model for the cover, it's soon in her career though, but other girls have had this moment in their careers at a young age, so...
    but please:
    no more Daria or Kate Moss for the rest of the year. :/
    I don't mind Lara or Gisele, who I'm always amazed with what they do to them,
    and I would also love to see Eniko, Constance and specially Raquel having a cover!
    Also call me crazy but Adriana Lima on the cover would be amazing!, her last ed in 2008 just sold me completely.

17. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

The Times today reported in an article about Alexander McQueen today that he had an article and interview in Australian Harper's Bazaar that had yet to be published. The last he did before his death I believe.

18. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

Agree about everything but I'm extremely opposite your wish, which I bolded. :D

19. trikekos

trikekos New Member

^I love Daria and Kate.. But a break wouldn't hurt anyone, would it?
    :D
    It would be more excited to have them on the cover after some time being mia, don't you think?

20. Simera

Simera Active Member

Adriana on the cover would be amazing. Raquel is not one of my favorites by a long shot, but if she had a cover like that Graffiti editorial she did I wouldn't mind her on a cover either.
    Id love to see Constance and Sigrid on a cover together. In my mind they're BFF for probably the only reason that they are both French :lol:
    Or some random vet like Anne V.

#5060 Simera, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited by moderator aboutagirl: Feb 14, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.