Cover Rumor Thread #2

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by iluvjeisa, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary101

Gary101 New Member

For the 3rd time August

2. KateIsGr8

KateIsGr8 Active Member

I get celebrity news/gossip text alerts and one this morning says "Cops want to question Lindsay Lohan after jewels disappear from 'Elle' shoot."
    So I guess it is true... Hopefully for the September issue. I really hope it's all a misunderstanding though because Lindsay has a good reputation with Elle.

3. Gary101

Gary101 New Member

Since Playboy is being talked about in here Heidi Montag is on the Sept cover

4. *ana*

*ana* old-fashioned

that hint about linda would make me smile if we were in the 90s. too bad nowadays she can't make more than one facial expression.

5. kellydior

kellydior New Member

sorry :unsure: it was not really clear...

6. cottonmouth13

cottonmouth13 Well-Known Member

^Aug. is the Age Issue right? they are really appropriate for the issue. :lol: kiddin'. i wonder if the Aug. issue will be a fold-out cover.

7. clo

clo New Member

A new cover rumour thread! Hmmm, the other one was getting huge and I suppose this also will.
    So Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz and Kate Hudson for August Vogue? It's just my opinion but I don't think Anna would put three actresses on the same cover, doesn't make much sense to me. And Kate Hudson yet again would make me faint with horror! LOL!

8. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

I can't imagine three actresses on the cover togehter either.

9. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Hahah i am kind of hoping Hudson doesn't get the cover, but hey this was nothing confirmed, we are just speculating. In the end it could turn out to be a model cover, but i somehow doubt they would shot all of those A-list actresses, and not use any of them for the cover, i mean its US VOGUE.:lol:

I would love if Wintour decided to put 3 on the cover (Cruz, Cotillard and Loren would be my choice, being an age issue and all ^_^), this year she seems to be more daring.When Rob Marshall directed Chicago she put Renee and Catherine on the cover, so i guess they collaborated for nine as well.

But please, i am soo READY for rumors about the September issue! BRING IT!

10. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I'd like to see a multi-actress cover, it would be a new twist on the usual - especially with that idea of a mix of women of different ages.

A multi-actress cover would also perhaps enable some faces that wouldn't have carried a cover on their own, to get their chance to appear on the front.

11. vavavinny

vavavinny Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised if more than one of the actresses from Nine made the cover. It would be ridiculous and unfair to headline just one actress out of a cast of nine beautiful, stylish women. In fact, I think it would be an excellent idea to do a fold-out cover with all 7 actresses (3 on one page and 4 on another). That way, there would be no hard feelings or cat fights at the premiere. As for the main cover, Nicole, Sofia, Penelope, and Marion would make for a fabulous and glamorous combination.

12. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Though I wonder if a multi-actress fold-out would be too much like a Vanity Fair Hollywood issue - as a reader, I wouldn't mind, but as an editorial decision, would it be somehow stepping on the toes of another Conde Nast magazine?

US Vogue uses the format for models, but seems to leave the multi-actress cover action to other magazines.

13. MissMagAddict

MissMagAddict The future is stupid

I don't think Gary101's post about US Vogue August is a rumor. He hasn't been wrong yet in what he's brought to us in this thread.

14. michelabella

michelabella hors concours♛

Gisele shot a cover and story for Vogue Brazil yesterday while there.

source: her website

15. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

^ I think it will be september issue.

16. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

Oh i didn't mean to imply that he isn't reliable with his information. This particular August cover speculation was started way back though, and it wasn't Gary who originally posted it, we just sort of discussed it here. [​IMG] That's why i said its not 100% sure, so we don't confuse people into thinking its been confirmed.[​IMG]

17. iriswills

iriswills Member

Hmm, I'm not clear on the US Vogue rumors, is Marion a shoe-in as much as Nicole, Penelope, and Kate seem to be?

18. Gary101

Gary101 New Member

In a The Cut via NY Mag interview, renowned stylist Nicola Formichetti talked about working with GaGa and her July V Magazine shoot among many things.

You work with a lot of celebrities in your job — recently, Agyness Deyn, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and Lada Gaga. How did you get involved with Gaga?
    I did a shoot with her for the July issue of V magazine, and she fell in love with some of my things, like the Orbit hat by Nasir Mazhar. I've given her a few things since then. But she has a whole team of stylists around; she calls it the House of Gaga.

How do you gauge what she'll like?
    It needs to be something no one's seen before, something that's a bit tongue-in-cheek and outrageous. And maybe some people would really hate it. That's what I love about her — it's very similar to my work.

19. retailqueen

retailqueen Active Member

We've seen it all with Gaga. Her trying to be edgy and different is so played out and uninteresting. I would love to see an ed with no crazy hair, make up and costumes.

20. slow_hands

slow_hands New Member

theimagist

I'm very curious about VP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.