CR Fashion Book #1 2012 : Kate Upton & Audrey Harrelson by Bruce Weber

I sincerely believe Katie has nothing to do with Carine. I mean she is a talented fashion editor but her vision doesn't have that extra half inch that Carine has...

I actually think CR Fashion Book looks pretty darn good. So glad to have Carine back at the helm of a title. The fact she founded her own publication tells just how much she is passionate about orchestrating a fashion magazine. No doubt the issues will get better and better.

Katie in my opinion is way better than Carine.
She has a maturity that lacks on a huge part of stylists and also she can be flexible but still have her signature style that you can spot in miles.
Carine not so much and the prof is in this magazine or book (for more pretentious it is)

I've yet to see it here in Los Angeles and I've been checking on a regular basis all the newsstands that carry these kinds of journals. With my luck, it's right around the corner from me at B&N.

It's out already. I picked up my copy at the Grove B&N this afternoon. It's reasonably priced ($15) considering the price tags of most European fashion magazines in the US. But that's all of it. I must say, the content is seriously underwhelming. I failed to see any cohesion and clear style. With all the buzz and hype until its final landing on the newsstands, this is so disappointing. I was hoping for a fashion magazine that's really unique, but other than the ads of Alaia (which is a shot of a napping puppy by Bruce Weber :rolleyes:), Christopher Kane and Anthony Vaccarello, which are pretty rare, I am not sure if any single page of the content doesn't look familiar, and it's very randomly organized. She really needs to focus her vision of fashion (if she does have one), and present it in a more convincing way in the next issue.

^Im sorry but this crap has nothing to do with LOVE.
LOVE is way above this but again, when it started it wasnt that amazing either (at east the covers were good). Lets see...

IMHO the first two issues of Love were terrible, tbh. The second issue was way, way, WAY worse than the first issue of CR Fashion Book.

Last edited by a moderator:
The more and more stories and interviews I see from Carine, the more agitated I become. It's almost like she's contradicting the time she spent at French Vogue. Carine was the creator of this p*rno-chic movement. Why do I feel she's denying it, at each chance she gets? Every recent interview mentions it and her latest stories are the total opposite to what she used to produce at Vogue. The direction at Vogue and Gucci et al, was what made her a household name.. and now she decides it's irrelevant.

That's the reason why I'm un-interested in CR Fashion Book. Carine's Vogue raised the bar for the other editions. Yet Fashion Book seems to be the try-hard publication that is in denial.. assuming it's elite and favourable.

I doubt the admiration and love I have for Carine will fade out, I just wanted a more controversial magazine (or book). Quand Les Femmes with Linda, Stephanie and Carolyn is nice. It's the one editorial that has Carine's stamp. There's also a hint back to Roitfeld's Vogue Paris issues. Bravo.

O M G

'LUCHO AND JULIET'
photographer: Tom Ford
MODEL(S:( Lucho Jacob

That is a great editorial. I love the idea and the 5th photo is to die for. But somehow it looks very amateur,the execution is not the best.

^
Disturbing, Romantic, Stylish....I have no words for that editorial, I definetely aplaud Tom Ford for this editorial...

What I love about the covers is the effortless and joyous aspect, adorn by the simple but elegant type and overall layout; not your usual 'in your face' type of covers for sure, but rather suggesting a clean slate that it is, there's plenty of room inside for all the bold, aggressive material.
And it doesn't make much difference to me if the model is Upton or some other bland blonde chick I don't care about, so I'll not whine about that either.
As for the CR stamp at the corner of the pages, I definitively doubt it would appear in the print, it's for the digital previews only.

Very well put. I'm very much looking forward to this. Hope I can get it in my country soon, the online pre-order delivery fees are outrageos.

A Woman's Life
Photo Sebastian Faena Models Juliet Ingleby, Daniela Braga, Magda Languinge, , Stef Van Der Laan, Saskia de Brauw, Clément Chabernaud, Lara Stone,,, Aiden Hair Sam McKnight Makeup Carole Colombani

Snaps from my mobile...sorry about the bad quality!

I think Kate looks pretty great, very reminiscent of a young Anna Nicole Smith. And I love the white country prom queen vibes of the editorial. Looks like something from the 90s

faena is great really. i love that newton kinkiness (kept in mind, but executed in other way. that`s what i call inspiration)

justaguy - you have your issue already! lucky you, has anyone else seen this around london yet!

Lucho & Juliet
Photo Tom Ford Model Olivia Welch, Anthony Ferriroli & Andrea Robredo Ruit Hair Sam McKnight Makeup Yadim Nails Marian Newman

My mobile snaps

OK, I know I wasnt too thrilled about this issue at first, but now that I have it in my hands, I'm kinda loving it! ASF, you nailed on those two eds^^, they're stunning. I had no idea Tom Ford was in this issue. I don't see a reference to who styled the above eds so I'm assuming it was Carine.

im sure thats Carine. As well as all main eds (Mondinos`, haute Couture, Ferrari, Catherine McNeil`s) many thanks for snaps! i am even more anticipated to get it in my hands)

^^ how many pages? has ads?

Looks very thick.

proxy.jpg

twitter/styledotcom

The pages aren't numbered but I think it's around 300+ pages. The pages used are very thick that's why in the side view it looks huge.

The ads are for the most part high-end and look very lush and beautiful!!

Here's a very high-level review

Side 1
Pg 76 A Message From Amma (spiritual leader)

Pg 80 A Woman's Life - Photo Sebastian Faena

Pg 94 Leslie Winer - Photo Jean-Baptiste Mondino

Pg 98 Electrapolitan - Photo Jean-Baptiste Mondino

Pg 108 Black Gardens - Artwork Philippe Parreno

Pg 110 Lucho & Juliet - Photo Tom Ford

Pg 122 Possessions - Artwork Karen Kilimnik

Pg 128 Queens - Photo Pierpaolo Ferrari

Pg 136 Black On Black - Photo Brigitte Niedermair

Pg 140 The White Mughal - Photo Anthony Maule

Pg 148 High On Rebellion - Photo Jamie Morgan

Pg 154 Lullaby - Photo Jean-Baptiste Mondino

Side 2