Crack #1 F/W 2020.21 : Kylie Minogue by Jenny Brough

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by MDNA, Nov 7, 2020.

1. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

Photographer: Jenny Brough
    Stylist: Davey Sutton
    Grooming: Christian Vermaak

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    crackmagazine.net

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  2. [Piece Of Me]

[Piece Of Me] Well-Known Member

Can't go wrong with the queen. Wish she had booked some bigger covers during this promo run though.

YohjiAddict likes this.
  3. WAVES

WAVES Well-Known Member

nice editorial!

what’s with the magazines name? :blink:

4. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

It’a a very fun and vibrant editorial! She hasn’t aged. Either she’s blessed or her doctor is a keeper. Love it!

dodencebt and RedSmokeRise like this.
  5. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

Imagine only being able to book Crack Magazine, yet your stans still insist you’re an A-list superstar. Not in this century, sweaty.

dontbeadrag likes this.
  6. [Piece Of Me]

Lol. Come on. She IS a a-list celebrity, atleast in Europe and Australia, everyone knows her and she is considered a pop legend. She's in the 33th career of her career and her album is #1 in 24 countries on iTunes, including the US and she already outsold most #1's this year with the album in the UK in it's first day of release. So please leave your hateful comments somewhere else.

7. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

But I can’t resist! It’s such easy bait and even though I don’t dislike her at all (I have her song “Dancing” on regular rotation) I do think her fans have an outsized sense of her popularity and influence, especially in this century. People claiming she’s bigger than Madonna. I enjoy poking fun. I also think it’s funny they predict Vogue and instead get.... Crack. And an awful editorial at that. Not that I can blame Kylie herself, she’s giving the energy I just don’t like the aesthetic and styling. No hate, just an alternate perspective from a non-stan.

8. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Crack magazine?

9. [Piece Of Me]

Oh, yes, I absolutely agree with that- it's not just Kylie stans who are like that but basically every fanbase which can be very strange and toxic and no way Kylie is bigger than Madonna, haha. I do, however, think people in America especially don't realise how big she is in the UK for example and the influence she has had there. For that reason alone she will be always considered an A-lister over there, just like the rest of Europe where everyone knows who she is. She may not be scoring chart hits at the moment, but she still shifts a lot of albums and has a big legacy.

June21 likes this.
  10. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

Not this same tiring Kylie-still-big-or-not discussion, I would say her legacy in music and fashion deserves to make her fronting everywhere period.

11. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Well-Known Member

Kylie is like the European Cher. Neither is bigger than Madonna but both are f*cking legends in their own right. Period.

and who hates on Kylie anyway?! That’s like telling a 5 year old Santa isn’t real.

12. dontbeadrag

dontbeadrag Well-Known Member

The only problem I have with this is - who tf needs yet another magazine that has zero identity and looks like about 50 other "indie"/"artsy" fashion magazines out there?

I love magazines and I love fashion, obviously, but this is beginning to irritate - the amounts of resources and money that could've been spent more useful... Magazines are already struggling with sales and even Vogue is subpar at this point, but we have billions and billions of magazines nobody cares about except literally only the crew that works there: 10, AnOther (it was good before, I admit), Metal, Riposte, Teeth, Marfa Journal, Dansk, Acne Paper, Dossier, Hunger, Lula, Oyster, Ponystep, CR Fashion Book in all of its iterations, Puss Puss, Richardson A6, Rika, Tush, SSAW, Tank, The Last Magazine, Wonderland, Zoo, and also V, Interview, DAZED, and Garage are joining this category. I admit that Pop, W, and i-D are still a little, just the tiniest bit somehow more relevant and do stand out from the bunch, but anyway if they fall a tad more - they are joining this category.

And look, I am all for the big choice variety and diversity, but the vastest majority of such magazines are literally no different from each other. I cannot believe how many fashion people have absolutely massive egos to think that they need to establish yet another magazine, and this is the industry that pretends to promote diversity, tolerance, sustainable attitudes and etc. Please, stop. Go work for another magazine, establish a research agency focusing on sustainable production in fashion, create a digital mag, or create a physical, but at least the one that require actual effort and creativity (looking at you, Visionaire). I don't know, write an online course or an e-book about fashion, whatever, but this is getting downright annoying. It is like any selfish CSM or Parsons grad that finds a sugar daddy thinks he needs to establish his fashion brand without much experience, and it will end up looking like literal hundreds of other not-so-popular fashion brands.

I do not need to see Selena, Kylie or the "iconic supermodel that is not that relevant anymore" such as Malgosia Bela, Stephanie Seymour, Kirsten Owen or Maggie Rizer by some "up-and-coming indie photographer" that uses purely visual gimmicks (hi-i-i-i, Sharna Osbourne!), and has no intellectual/referential aspect to their work at all (but it is okay, who does these days except Meisel anyways?)

Sorry, hate me or love me for this opinion, but I just could not handle this anymore.

edit: but glad to see Kylie, agree that she is not really relevant anymore, even in Europe, where I live, I'd argue only LGBTQ+, particularly gay people, care about her, but the rest don't really. However, I wish that changed, because she is beautiful and while I do not enjoy her music personally, her voice is great and her Christmas album is divine too! She just has that confident, fashionable and also pleasant look (and she seems like a kind person too).

13. phungnam96

phungnam96 Well-Known Member

Crack in fact is not a fashion magazine. It’s an independent music magazine more focusing on electronic music and rave culture.

dontbeadrag likes this.