Cushnie (formerly Cushnie et Ochs) has shut down business.

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by kenndale, Oct 31, 2020.

1. kenndale

kenndale Well-Known Member

Read the full story below.

Carly Cushnie Closes Her Designer Business – WWD

I must say I for the most part enjoyed their collections, sad to see them go. I wonder what is next for Cushnie. Anyone know what Ochs has been up to since she left the brand?

2. mepps

mepps Well-Known Member

Sad to see an independent, black owned fashion brand, succumb to this terrible virus.

Ken Doll Jenner likes this.
  3. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Oh wow, this is terrible news! I feel for her because she poured her blood, sweat, and tears into this. Plus her parents invested in the business to get it off the ground.

The fact that pre-fall is her last collection is what's wrong with the fashion system. A brand like Cushnie should not be doing pre-fall collections! It's terrible that she had to do that in order to stay in tune with the bigger houses who can afford to bankroll these supplement collections.

4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

It's really sad and I think what it is sad is the fact that I never felt she got the recognition she deserved.
    Like Benn said, a brand like that did not need pre-collections. You would think that all those designers coming up would learn from Alaia...

Maybe it's an unjustified rant but I feel like the people claiming on the internet and in discussions the support of black owned brands/designers kinda failed, once again another talented black designer. There's a massive outrage and support when it's time to hold the big brands accountable but when it's time to support, buy, push for those smaller voices...Suddenly, it's whispers.

The American fashion industry and it business model are going to suffer the most. I think she is talented enough to exist elsewhere, maybe as a consultant for now.

5. Remi17

Remi17 New Member

kenndale and YohjiAddict like this.