Custom Your Own Clothes ?

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by FashionFreak, Feb 26, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. FashionFreak

FashionFreak New Member

Hi ,

sometimes , i have to admit its impassible sometimes to find a shirt or a pair of pants you saw a magazine and wanted SO SO SO SO BAD !! !! didnt u have that feeling ?

I'm curious to know if there is a place ( online preferably) where they make a replica of any shirt or style you like based on pics you provide ?

Sam

2. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

Maybe pm as you like it. :flower:

3. sbbbjm

sbbbjm New Member

good tailors can copy anything. i had a pair of 1920's oxford baggies copied from a vintage pair i found and they were impeccable

4. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

I do work like that, though you might also want to check your local tailoring/dressmaking businesses for quotes on stuff.

Bear in mind how much you are prepared to spend, as custom work isn't cheap. I mean, yes, I can and will create a frock that is just a fraction of what you'd pay for a Prada or Chanel, but I can't undercut Old Navy. The same will be true for pretty much anyone else who does this kind of work.

I think custom is an excellent option for people who want unique clothing and have an appreciation for craftsmanship, but don't necessarily like couture or have the budget for it.

Feel free to ask me more specific questions, and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Also, you might want to check out this thread, also about custom clothing which has some information you might find useful and interesting.