Cuticle Care

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by papa_levante, May 22, 2009.

1. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

My mother says I cut them too shallow. As in, I cut them too close to the skins so the skin could easily bleed. (Hope that makes some kind of sense.)

I always try to apply some kind of cream to them afterward.

What's the best way to cut them?

2. GiMilla

GiMilla New Member

I would use an orange stick to gently push back your cuticles, move the orange stick in circles around the base of the nail. It helps remove the dead skin and any debris that may be there. I would do this a couple of times on each nail and the remaining cuticles/hangnails you could cut off.

3. Street_a_Licious

Street_a_Licious Active Member

lol

"care"

my cuticles tend to get so dry that i can't stop scratching them and also off. all i can really do is massage handcream into the cuticles.

4. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

^I like that idea: softening them so I won't have to worry about cutting them off.

5. Deborah

Deborah New Member

Whats a good cream for the cuticles? I use hand cream all the time, but because I have to wash my hands so much my cuticles get really dry and sometimes I catch them on things and sometimes they bleed, its awful.

6. miu_miu

miu_miu little soul

i have the same problem - a handcream like elizabeth arden 8hr works well for my hands, but nothing will keep cuticles moisturised! :ermm:

7. Emilee

Emilee New Member

There's special oils for use on your cuticles that I really recommend. It helps the cuticles from getting dry but it also makes your nails stronger!

8. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

This is what I use.

I buy it from Bath and Body Works. Sometimes I feel like I'm being ripped off because it's just a cream, and I think that even Vaseline would suffice. It keeps my cuticles soft but I never really took the time to notice for how long.

9. Adrina

Adrina New Member

Not for me, it will dry as well. I always bring now in my bag "Avoplex cuticle oil to go", from OPI. Its great, really help my nails to look better, even if I dont apply nail colour at the moment. After you try it, please come again and inform me that it works well for you.

10. miu_miu

miu_miu little soul

^I have this as well, it's the best oil I've tried :woot: but I need to use it constantly because my cuticles do dry so quickly. Have you tried any of the other OPI cuticle products? :unsure:

11. Adrina

Adrina New Member

Hi Miu Miu, nope, I only try this avoplex, I like also Clarins Body Treatment oil, I put in my nails too, and my hand skin is really soft. Try also this for alternative.

12. Adrina

Adrina New Member

I mean..., soften your cuticles too

13. newprincesita

newprincesita New Member

The best thing for cuticles is NOT to cut, but to push and A LOT of moisturizing.

When I´m out and I cannot apply cream on my hands I like to rub some lipbalm on them (Chapstick or something like that). I even have a special stick for my cuticles. I use that specially after washing my hands with the super harsh soaps you find in public toilets.

The stick moisturizes cuticles perfectly, it´s cheap and you dont end up with greasy fingers.;)