Daily Exercise #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ the gym:

20-minute walk to the gym
15 min treadmill
20 min elliptical
10 min bike-thingy (don't know what it's called, it's a bike, but you also move your arms, kinda like the elliptical)
1 hour weights (abs, back, thighs, legs, butt, arms, everything..)
another 30 min elliptical
15 min bike (not a normal stationary bike.. you're sort of laying on the bike or something.. kinda hard to explain..)
20-minute walk from the gym back to my house

@ home:

30 min pilates
Toning exercises (500 sit-ups, 100 leg raises, 150 push-ups, 50 squats)
1 hour dancing around the living room (to Hilary Duff, Britney Spears, Wham!, Michael Jackson, Destiny's Child, ... :blush:) That's such a great & fun work-out. I do it a lot. It looks ridiculous, though..

Geez, I did a lot today.. I actually should've been doing my homework.. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. I desperately want to lose some weight, drop from a size 14 to a 12 maybe. The problem is I cant walk & I'm confined to a wheelchair. I can move everything & stuff! I just cant stand/walk. I would really appreciate it if anyone had any advice on what I can do to lose weight. I go swimming when I can but the problem is I need someone to accompany me to help, which isnt always convenient. I hardly eat much & when I do I'm very health concious, but I just cant seem to lose weight! :cry: please help!

I love this thread! Is it okay to "re-start" it? :unsure: :flower:

Today:
50 min elliptical
15 min treadmill (brisk walking)
20 min weights (abs, triceps, biceps)
40 min abs
10 min floor exercises (legs, arms)
20 min pilates
40 min walk outside

My mom finally agreed to get me a gym membership!!! Hopefully I can start working out again this weekend.

OMG I feel like such a lazy cow compared to you guys! :shock: I go for jazz class which lasts about 1 1/2 hours once a week. Other than that, I do some yoga / stretches / ab exercises at night for about 1/2 hour when I feel up to it ... that's probably like 2X a week (and that's considered optimistic). I'm just not a very active person. I've been told I should do some uh ... I forget what it's called ... some exercise to give me more strength. I'm tall but weak. For e.g. someone smaller than me can carry a larger backpack for a longer period compared to me. I'm probably just damned lazy.:lol:

Today:

At the gym:
45 min elliptical
Weights (legs, butt, thighs)
45 min treadmill (15 min brisk walking, 30 min running uphill/downhill)
Weights (arms, chest, back)
Abs (weights and floor exercises)

At home:
1 hr pilates
Abs - about 30 min

Plus, some floor exercises because I was bored (push-ups, squats, lunges, etc.)

hey guys! reading model_mom's thread on running/walking for exercise made me want to start a thread on celebrating our exercise time. but you've beaten me to it!! in the few posts I've skimmed, I love how this thread is NOT about beating ourselves up because we haven't moved around, but is more about ENCOURAGING each other by example. i.e. it's not about competition. so yay on everyone!! you guys rock.

me, I just started exercising again last sunday (not the one that just past, but the one before that). I've been going pretty hard core (but not like prep, from page 2, yet! I don't have the time!!) because from that Sunday, I have exactly 1 month before try outs. I am thanking God for muscle memory and the fact that I got a new job as a PT!! so, I'm working out with a couple I know twice a week, making them do stuff that is SO hard to do on your own. Like plyos, windsprints, etc. I'm so excited!!

anyway, I'm sore today so i think I'll have an easy day at the gym. Some light cardio (I think the rowing machine to give my legs a break), my upper body... I'll let you all know how it went, later today.

I'm interested in how all of you are doing...

Well I started my serious regimen a couple of weeks ago, and together with replacing my nightly pizza/pasta snack with veggies and fruits, I've lost 3 inches on my waist. i also stopped drinking alcohol and only have a cup of coffee in the morning - the rest of the day I drink tea and water. I gained a couple of pounds first (but lost inches) bc of the weight training (replaced fat with muscle), but now the weight is going down too, because I guess the muscle is burning my fat off finally. I don't have much to lose. I'm 5'9" and 138 and wanna go down to 130 or so.

I try to do an hour of cardio (elliptical and bike or elliptical and running) about 4-5 times a week and lots of abs and some weights. It takes a lot of time out of my schedule, which sucks because I'm a law student and time is precious.. but I figured my health and looks are worth a compromise, especially with summer coming up.
I'm going to try to run more. The most I can run at once is about 1 mile and a half, but I just started so I should get better at it soon.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Hmm... I don't know if I would call it excerise so to speak, but I love to run (I used to do cross country/distance running), play sports, and love to rollerblade. But it's not like I have a routine or whatever. I'm finding I have less time to do this stuff now that school's getting super hectic...Looking at some of your guys' regimens/schedules, I suddenly feel so unathletic...

Last edited by a moderator:
wow... awesome Ungaro!!! :heart:

today i had track practice, and that's all i did, because i've worked really hard all week... 3 hr/day heavy workouts... i'm very proud of myself, i'm getting in better shape than ever!

keep this alive... i almost forgot about my favorite thread!

Everday, well most days, 90 minute walk on the treadmill (@ 4mph); 200 crunches; 10-15 minutes lifting 5 lb weights. Then a lot of stretching. All in all, I work out about 2 to 2 1/2 hours most days. Then again, I'm still in high school, so I have the time.

Good job, Ungaro! I'm starting again, like you.
Today, I ended up doing abs on the swiss ball, and push ups...no cardio, no mega upperbody workout. I'm not going to the gym 'cause I've decided to go out tonight instead. Oh well. I'm okay with taking it easy though, because my lower back is a bit sore. Resting will simply make me more excited to go hard tomorrow :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement guys :smile: It was hard getting back into the swing of things.. once you get used to sitting around all the time it's hard to change the habit. Being away at university, it's hard to stay in shape. When I'm back home it's not a problem cause I'm always walking somewhere, going out dancing, and I have company there so I don't get lonely and bored (my cure for loneliness and boredom is eating).
But here I live right on campus so if I want to get any activity at all I have to make the extra effort.. I try to go to the gym almost everyday.. also when I do grocery shopping I only get a little bit at a time to make sure I have to make the walk again in a day or two.
Sorry for the long rant I just hate how easy it is to get out of shape.. and it's a major time sucker too, and I'm upset because I only have 3 weeks till my first exam so i don't know how often I'll be able to go to the gym.. :(

i'm a fatty and i can't loose weight no matter how much i friggin' exercise...maybe it's cause i eat like a pig!

warm up:
15 mins of running on treadmill
stretching

weights:
bench press
free weights
lower and upper back
and a bunch of other stuff, takes 1.5 hours

cardio:
20 mins of running on an incline
10 mins of step machine
3X of my ab routine
obliques, on the ball, crunches
10 mins of stretching
walk home

i can't believe i didn't find this thread sooner! i'm on spring break right now so i have lots of time to exercise:D yesterday i ran four miles/lots of abs/some arm exercises...this morning i ran two miles and later i'm going to the gym with a friend where i have big plans for the elliptical machine :rolleyes: and i do 35 min of pilates every night to unwind...SoCalled, I saw a few pages ago that you found a way to define your six pack more, could you elaborate? i have a semi four pack but i'd like it to look really good before i go to the beach :flower:

re: the 6 pack thing...I'm curious too...though I've read that whether or not you can get ab definition has a lot to do with genetics. There was a time when I was going excessively hard core and I still didn't get a 6 pack. hey...that reminds me. my grandma was hilarious tonight. At her birthday dinner, she poked my arm and realised that I'm quite muscular. i.e. fashionbébé isn't "fat" (chinese people are blunt), but she is "tight" (direct translation). ha ha! I'm not the "normal" chinese shape, in that i'm curvy and muscular and strong, rather than skinny/bony/(sometimes) wimpy.

ungaro kitty (and bluestar too, a bit) : I find that I'm SO FIT in the summer and fall seasons when I'm playing a TON of sports (because that's what happens in the summer), but during school I'm not gym-disciplined so my fitness goes down. I'm more of an "activity" person than a "gym" person. So Bluestar, don't feel bad that you don't have a regime!!--personally, I'm simply beginning to get back in the swing of things. Merely trying or thinking about exercise may seem like a cop-out, but it's so much better than not doing either at all! Plus, we're here to encourage and not to out-compete each other. You could probably out-dance me ANY DAY. :smile: And Ungaro kitty: man, props to you for trying to get to the gym every day. I'm working on a light courseload this term so I give props to anyone who could do full time school and make that sort of time commitment and give that kind of effort. Sometimes life/exams do get in the way. Maybe it'll be easier if you thought of exercise as a break/way to rest your mind/sweat out exam worries than as yet another thing on your plate.

okay. i apologize for writing so much randomness.

what I did today:
ran to gym (20mins)
free weights: upper body (45 mins) (i'm not going to be able to move my arms tomorrow. ha ha!! eek--and I'm going to do sprints!!! :( )
ran back home (20mins)

the cool part about my run there was that a friend of mine drove past, pulled over (he was on the far side of the road), and shouted an encouraging: "run, fashionbébé, run!!!!" i thought that was cool. and it made me push a little harder too! (the other cool part was that it didn't rain). please pray/cross your fingers that it doesn't rain tomorrow. i want to go full out with the sprints...and how rain would discourage me from doing them at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->