Daily Exercise #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, before the time change I rode my bike to and from work every day, and I do some crunches and leg lifts and calesthenic crap before I go to bed.

I think I will be taking up dog-walking very soon, however, as it looks like a 6-month old terrier pup may be joining my household soon :smile: I'm figuring on a 15-20 minute walk in the morning for pooping and suchlike, and a longer walk in the evening when I get home from work, for digestive necessities and just for the exercise and the fun of it.

I'll probably use my bike inside on the stationary trainer some, just to keep my heart-rate up and keep in shape for next spring's biking season, but there are few things as deadly boring as riding a stationary bike.

I was on the stationary bike for about 10 minutes when i got fed up of looking at the tv. So I put on a sweater and my winter coat and walk for about 2 hours. It felt good, too bad the cold weather prevents us from getting some fresh air when we need it.

Spent 2 hours at the gym doing a lot of different things: treadmill, elliptical machine, stationary bike, weights, sit-ups, etc. Plus, tonight, before I go to bed, I'm gonna do at least 200 extra sit-ups.

Yesterday:

45 minutes land aerobics
45 mins weights... legs, bis and lots of tris

Prep - you workout like CRAZY. You remind me of how I used to workout a lot during college. Probably never that much, but a good amount.

It's been getting colder lately, so I just dance around a lot... do some weights here and there, and plenty of stretching.

Originally posted by Erin@Nov 10 2004, 11:54 PM
Prep - you workout like CRAZY. You remind me of how I used to workout a lot during college. Probably never that much, but a good amount.

It's been getting colder lately, so I just dance around a lot... do some weights here and there, and plenty of stretching.
[snapback]426763[/snapback]​

I just love it so much!!! Working out, that is.... You seem like you have a pretty good routine going on. :D

This morning:
Treadmill workout similar to the one on this website: http://runners4bush2004.rantweb.com/dreadmill.html for 35 minutes
1 hr 15 min strength training class with exercises, free weights and resistance bands
30 min legs with free weights on my own
45 min Walk with my mom

And perhaps later I will do some abs while I study Biology..

Man, you people are quite hardcore.

I run about 5-6 miles every other day. Now that it's getting quite cold in Boston I'm going to have to do something new... maybe the dancing to a 45-60 min mix would be a pretty good idea. I need to work on my footwork and creativity anyways....

I run about 5-6 miles every other day. Now that it's getting quite cold in Boston I'm going to have to do something new... maybe the dancing to a 45-60 min mix would be a pretty good idea. I need to work on my footwork and creativity anyways....

Originally posted by Chinorlz@Nov 11 2004, 03:18 PM

[snapback]427561[/snapback]​

Sounds like your routine is good, Chinorlz. Working out heardcore can be too much on your body... and there's a certain point where it'll get used to it. Besides, every other day for exercising, ESPECIALLY running, promotes not only good heart health, but weight loss. Yey. :smile: And weight training... one should always be careful about that. If you do one area of the body too often, and don't give your body time to build new muscle tissue, your efforts will be to no avail.

I guess the secret is to find a mix that works good for you.

And I agree - a lot of my workouts consist of the outdoors. I'm in Chicago, and it's starting to get cold... and I hate walking/running/biking outside when it's freezing out. I have to find an indoors routine that I'll stick with. Dancing never seems to be a problem. :wink:

ok, today i did:
20 min elliptical
20 min stairmaster
1 hour circuit training
20 min treadmill run

every day except sundays. until i get back to my normal weight. which is 15 pounds less.

how long will it take???

Originally posted by lunabella@Nov 24 2004, 09:29 PM
ok, today i did:
20 min elliptical
20 min stairmaster
1 hour circuit training
20 min treadmill run

every day except sundays. until i get back to my normal weight. which is 15 pounds less.

how long will it take???
[snapback]439058[/snapback]​

6 weeks if you are eating 1500 cal a day, 9 weeks if you are eating 2000 cal a day.

I would advice continuing your exercise regime, at least an hour a day, after you drop the weight... it will help you maintain, it is a good workout :wink:

Yesterday:

1 hour 15 min weights- Classic Arms, Classic Legs, Abs
1 strength training class (ROUGH.... ouch)
20 min treadmill
15 min elliptical

Can ya tell I can't stand solitary cardio anymore? Step class/aerobics...has made the treadmill so boring...

alternatively you can have my stomach virus and you'll lose it in 48hrs. Painful but hey my DKNY jeans fit me again! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Nov 25 2004, 09:11 AM
6 weeks if you are eating 1500 cal a day, 9 weeks if you are eating 2000 cal a day.

I would advice continuing your exercise regime, at least an hour a day, after you drop the weight... it will help you maintain, it is a good workout :wink:
[snapback]439384[/snapback]​

i am eating 1200 calories a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack)

after i lose it, i plan to go to the gym four days a week for an hour because i won't have time for more. actually, when i was at my natural weight, i never went to the gym, and i probably ate about 2000 calories a day. i just gained a ton of weight from stressful OVEReating.

oh, one time i was sick for a week and i couldn't eat, and i lost seven pounds.

I do gym 4 times a week... do cardio 7-8 times a week... do boxing once... do gymnastics twice... and do some core strength stuff... i have been a bit lazy need to start running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->