Daily Exercise #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Nov 26 2004, 09:47 PM
today: 1 hr step class, 15 min "Pilates" :rolleyes:
[snapback]440868[/snapback]​

how ARE those pilates? everyone in hollywood is bang on them, but i wonder if they really work. . . 'cos i don't like to get my sweat on at the nasty gym.

Wow... I'm really horrible... I like never exercise. :shock: :ninja: This thread is making me feel incredibly guilty. :lol: I'm um, going to skip synogugue for the Saturday morning yoga class tomorrow though. I haven't been in over two weeks.

I am so jealous of runners. They make me feel sooooo guilty and besides that they look so good.

Originally posted by lunabella@Nov 26 2004, 10:59 PM
how ARE those pilates? everyone in hollywood is bang on them, but i wonder if they really work. . . 'cos i don't like to get my sweat on at the nasty gym.
[snapback]440929[/snapback]​

i've done it before several times and I really liked it. it's really good for building muscles. and it takes some patience since it's like a power yoga in some way
if you're tread-mill, moving, running type of person, i wouldn't recommend it though.

Worked out at the gym for about 2 1/2 hours (elliptical, stairmaster, treadmill, stationary bike, weights, etc.)

Plus: 500 sit-ups, leg-lifts and sit-ups at home.

I have dance classes 6 hours a week, and other than that I try to hit the gym as often as I can. Then i probably will run, do some spinning and situps etc. I try to get a little exercise everyday, but it's often hard to find the time

I'm loving pilates right now. Since I added it to my workout it's really tuned up and reshaped my body.

I do pilates once or twice a week, yoga once a week, 1/2 an hour of cardio 3 times a week and weights 1-2 times a week.

and I walk everywhere

Originally posted by model_mom@Nov 26 2004, 11:46 PM
I am so jealous of runners. They make me feel sooooo guilty and besides that they look so good.
[snapback]440979[/snapback]​

I know... I get so bored running... but they're all fatless looking...

Pilates is WONDERFUL... it's not really like Yoga, like I always though it would be, in the "relaxation" sense. A lot of similar movement, but Pilates (done correctly) is a true workout. I find I can get it better alone. I recommend The Pilates Body by Brooke Siler... great book. :heart: Pilates :heart:

Today I did some tae bo (from a video) otherwise, I like to canoe/kayak, windsurf, horseride, mountain climb, run (when the air isn't cold) anything that gets me out in the bitter North East air of England, nd makes me feel like i'm not doing exercise for the sake of it :smile:

Started going to the Gym with my 2 sister-in-laws. We go at least 4 days a week.

20mins running on the treadmill

10-15 mins on the Xtrainer

weights usually 3 reps (10)

300-400 sit ups

then shower and go....

Man it feels good after.... does anyone lose sleep because of sore muscles? i am tormented :censored:

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Nov 28 2004, 08:57 AM
I know... I get so bored running... but they're all fatless looking...
Pilates is WONDERFUL... it's not really like Yoga, like I always though it would be, in the "relaxation" sense. A lot of similar movement, but Pilates (done correctly) is a true workout. I find I can get it better alone. I recommend The Pilates Body by Brooke Siler... great book. :heart: Pilates :heart:
[snapback]442081[/snapback]​

thesocalledprep, it seems like you work out a lot. what do you recommend for weight loss? you know what my current workout is (20 min stairmaster, 20 min elliptical, 1 hr circuit training, 20 min running on treadmill at various speeds), do you think it will be effective?
i read this book called Body for Life and the author recommends doing this:
http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/cardiotraining.asp and
http://www.bodyforlife.com/exercise/weighttraining.asp

the thing is that i don't want to do circuit training on my legs (they are in good shape from all the cardio), so i just do my arms, chest, shoulders, back and abs (basically his Upper Body Training). i still follow the cardio part that he gives, except i do it three times for twenty minutes six days a week, not just for twenty minutes three times a week.

i walk at least 30 min to an hour everyday except saturdays.i also do a stairclimber for 30 min. to an hour everyday as well, and sometimes weights. i do 5 min. of pilates everynight.

I do a mix of Body For Life and "Sculpting Her Body Perfect" by Brad Schoenfeld. I also have the DVD set of Winsor pilates and I do that 2-3x a week. My favorite thing to do, by far, is walk briskly/jog with my dogs for about an hour... I try to do that everyday. I love being outside, so it's easy to stick to.

I do Yoga about 3 times a week ( Vinyasa). Very exhilarating

I'm back to walking everyday.. It's hard to walk in the cold but I'm getting use to it! I walked around 3 miles today I'm going to step it up tomorrow though.

Bonchic ~ I love walking! It gives you time to think while you're burning calories. I think it's great! I try to walk as much as possible. Good luck with your work-out! :flower:

Today I didn't do that much...

15 minutes stationary bike
600 sit-ups
100 leg raises
50 push-ups

...but I was really busy today, so I guess I got a lot of exercise all through the day.

yeah I love walking too! I might get a treadmill for the days that I don't feel like going outside (it's too hot or too cold). I listen to music when I walk but today I was like walking and I didn't see my neighbor pull up in her car (I was walking past her driveway) and it freaked me out so I might turn the volume down. Funny thing is when I listen to music I usually do "tune" it out and do alot of thinking it's great! Gosh I need to do some weight lifting and stomach exercises but I hate them any suggestions for exercises that target arm and stomach muscles so I don't feel like I'm exerxcising? lol!

today my gym was closed because of a gas leak.
so i ran/walked outside in the freezing cold for five miles. damn, i really want to lose weight, don't i?

Can anyone recommend a light workout for me that I can do in my (second floor) apartment? The weather where I am is rainy and cold, so doing much outdoor exercise isn't really feasible...

I just want something to do so I can keep fit.

I want to tone my thighs and stomach, mostly. Perhaps lose about 8 lbs.

Thanks. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->