Daily Exercise #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashcottmanor, I was wondering if it wasn't harder on one's knees and calves to run on a treadmill. I noticed my body reacts in a different way while I run outdoor or on a treadmill.
After all, the way you run on a treadmill is different, less natural, maybe the position of the foot is not what it's supposed to be...

I think it is, that's what I've heard at least. But I find I can keep up easier and since it's been so cold here I prefer the treadmill. But it's probably really bad for my knees. I also need to shoes because my plantars is acting up.

How long do you usually run for?

I usually run for 30 minutes. But last time, I didn't take enough time to warm up so I hurt myself. I learned my lesson ! B)
For the moment I'm moving so I don't have time to exercise. It's really hard to stop all of a sudden. Sometimes I think exercising became an addiction for me...
I'm looking forward for next year when I'll have time to exercise!

Pilates 50min
Jillian Michaels' 30 Days Shread (day 21)
Jogging on a treadmill 30min

It's really hard to stop all of a sudden. Sometimes I think exercising became an addiction for me...

No I think it definitely can be addicting. I felt the same way when my treadmill was broken for a month. I found myself "needing" to move all the time and I even started to get upset when I couldn't get that intensity from other workouts. I think it's the "runners high" effect.

1 hour on the treadmill half walking half running. 20 min free weights. I've upped my weights to 8 pounds now, it feels good.

I don't know why but I was so motivated last week to exercise and couldn't get enough and then with the NYE celebrations I ended up staying in bed all day Saturday to get over my hangover and since then I don't feel the same urge to continue exercising. This is really bad as it makes me feel sooooo good afterwards! Plus I need to really get a routine in line for my arms..but don't know where to start.

2 mile run
1 mile backward run on treadmill :lol:
10 one minute sprints

that sounds so...complicated :lol:

I thought it would be but I read about it online and decided to try it...it's supposed to help balance and work other muscles...it feels weird (and looks even weirder I'm sure :rofl:) but it was actually fun. :lol:

^ I've tried skipping sideways on a treadmill before...it takes a lot of coordination, that's for sure! Most of which I don't have.

Monday: Off
Tuesday: I did warmup 15 min on the treadmill, then Jackie Warner's circuit training: core, glutes, hamstrings, arms, back 2x, finished with a 15 min on the treadmill.
Wednesday: couldn't move a muscle literally but I reluctantly and painfully did a hour walk on the treadmill.
Today: Nothing! I can hardly move at work. In fact I hurt so bad I don't even want to THINK about exercising. All I can say is this better give me Jackie Warner's body!

Not too cold out today, so, 40 minute bike ride. My boyfriend is trying to egg me in to joining a gym, but I bore easily with cardio and all that, and I think I could save money in the long term if I found some kind of stationary bike on Craigslist or something. I don't really want to pay out every month for the fees.

^I got my elliptical online for 80GBP and it does the trick...its cheaper than 2 months gym fee! And I know I wouldnt go to the gym if I had a membership but when I am home as its HERE it forces me to use it more rather than bumming around.

I did 45 mins on it today after 10 mins warm up and then 10 mins cool down and 10 mins arm exercises

^I got my elliptical online for 80GBP and it does the trick...its cheaper than 2 months gym fee! And I know I wouldnt go to the gym if I had a membership but when I am home as its HERE it forces me to use it more rather than bumming around.

I did 45 mins on it today after 10 mins warm up and then 10 mins cool down and 10 mins arm exercises

Exactly! And I can watch movies while I work out. B)

A session from the Nike app.
A workout from Women's Health magazine.

I downloaded the Nike Women's Training Club and it is INTENSE. I did one the other day (+ step class) and I was so sore the following day. It took forever for me to download though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->