Dairy

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by xclusive, Nov 27, 2003.

1. xclusive

xclusive New Member

there are many different articles saying dairy is good..dairy is bad..blah blah..u need calcium but then it's in other products as well..SO..what do u think..

>>to eat dairy on not to eat if u want to lose weight/not gain??

2. StellaStarr

StellaStarr New Member

I like dairy
    the diet thing atkins likes dairy just not milk

3. Serena

Serena New Member

It depends on individual constitution & your background. Many studies show that dairy consumed by adults can't be completely digested & creates mucus (sorry for being too graphic) :yuk:
    Some people are just lactose intolerant & can't digest it at all.
    On the other hand, it is a main source of calcium & delish. I try to use only organic products, and go easy on a cheese. Don't think i could ever give up dairy, i :heart: it! As far as losing weight goes, diets like Atkins & South Beach allow it, because dairy products are low in carbs. If you eat yogurt go for Stonyfield Farm low-fat version, it's natural & tastes great. Instead of butter use "I Can't Believe it's Not butter" or "Slim Cow" brand if it's available where you live. And skim mozzarella & skim ricotta are safe bets as well.

4. smashinfashion

smashinfashion New Member

your body uses calcium to absorb protein, and since dairy products have a high-protein content they actually LEACH calcium from the body. the best resource for calcium is dark leafy vegetables.

5. P.Amber

P.Amber New Member

I personally am pro dairy. Really pro.

I drink a gallon of milk every two days and it does me good. I have great long strong nails due to the calcium.

6. Honey

Honey New Member

Wow I'm tempted to tell some Wisconsin Dairy joke right now... :lol: :p :blush:

7. P.Amber

P.Amber New Member

grrrrrr honey
    j/k
    <----is a total Wisconsin Cheese Head

8. tealady

tealady New Member

That means you probably enjoy cheese curds -- the real ones that sqeak when you eat them!!! ;)

9. P.Amber

P.Amber New Member

That means you probably enjoy cheese curds -- the real ones that sqeak when you eat them!!! ;) [/b][/quote]
    TOTALLY!!!

The small town I grew up in had this tiny cheese factory in it. And you could get fresh cheese curds every day.

10. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

A lot of middle/east Asians cannot digest milk properly. Stay off the rancid Yak butter wherever you're from....

11. tealady

tealady New Member

TOTALLY!!!

The small town I grew up in had this tiny cheese factory in it. And you could get fresh cheese curds every day. [/b][/quote]
    Ha! :p I knew it. Nothing like those Wisconsin cheese curds to really set you free! :lol: I grew up in Illinois so I'm familiar with this delicacy. :lol:

12. mxtine

mxtine New Member

I love milk but I have to put Ovaltine in it. I also eat plain yoghurt (with honey in it), and I like cheese but not too often. I rarely eat ice cream.

13. chanel_girl

chanel_girl Melody Nelson

I eat cheese...once a month if I eat dairy I blow up like a horse :yuk: But I drink soy milk it's really better than milk :heart:

14. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Most experts say that calcium is key in effective weightloss. But everybody's right, calcium has different effects for everybody.

Personally, I eat a lot of dairy. Mozzerella cheese, skim cottage cheese, fat free cream cheese, fat free yogurt, etc.

They say studies have proved that calcium in dairy foods are most effective in getting rid of abdobinal fat. So if you've got tummy fat you need to get rid of, I believe the percentage was 23% more you'll get rid of if you have a certain amount of dairy daily.

15. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

i loooooove CHEESE but unfortunately processed dairy provokes MIgRANE in my head :angry: :ninja:

16. Acid

Acid yes

milk is real bad for me.......it gives me calcium lumps in my neck

17. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

Drinking milk helps a lot for your bone formation and can prevent lots of things.

Milk gives you lots of vitamins and calcium (which is really good). Think about it : almost EVERYBODY drank milk when they were babies! If it wasn't good for the babies, the human body (well the women) would not produce it!

And milk tastes so good to! (I like to dip in cookies....!) ;)

18. smashinfashion

smashinfashion New Member

yes well thats what the ads funded by the dairy farmers of america tell you. ;)

and human milk is specially formulated to provide the right hormones for a growing human baby. cow milk contains the nutritional equivalent to turn a calf into an 800+ pound steer in a matter of months. its way too rich for humans and thats why so many people report health problems from milk. No other species drinks milk beyond infancy, and no other species drinks the milk of another species. its unnatural and unhealthy.

soy milk is really good too once you get used to it. i used to love cow milk too but now i cant even stand the smell of it!

19. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

20. Acid

Acid yes