Dallas shopping

I also suggest.....maybe taking a cab to Stanley Korshak...and walking up Mckinney....to the west village. Its very pleasant and very nice.

I have been to the one in snider plaza and I think that is the denim bar.

I didn't like it. kinda dark in there wiht little college SMU girls working telling you what would be good. the sizes are everywhere and you can't really tell if you like them and they only take store credit.

I think saks gallaria, barneys and neimans have the best selections.

I see D&G has 60% off right now I cant wait till the Spring Stuff comes in. Also I was planning a trip to Dallas did they close Emporio Armani in Plano?

So I wanted a pair of bright shoes to inject a little spring into this cold, dark winter, and so went to Northpark on my lunch hour. First stop, Barneys ... and I found what I was looking for (Dolce & Gabbana peep-toe 1940s-ish heels--first D&G I've ever owned). Also swung by Neiman's and Nordstrom's, with historically some of the best shoes around ... and they looked tired by comparison. Barneys was so beautifully arranged, so on message, the buying and fixtures both so good ... They also had some good shoes on sale at Barney's. It was fairly deserted (they deserve better), all the people working there were very very nice ... I was impressed. Haven't had time to check the store out in detail yet, but I will ...

Also, the person who helped me in the shoe dept (Josephine) was very good, bringing multiple sizes, laying things out/removing them well ... it wasn't obtrusive at all, but she just really knew what she was doing.

A+ for Barney's ...

i seriously have no idea what i did without Barney's here. i perfer to shop there over neimans and nordstroms any day!

My hands down favorite store in Dallas is
http://www.myspace.com/passportexhibitgallery
If you are into sneakerhead stuff or like to mix in interesting colored sneakers, this is the place. they also have some nice clothes like green apple,crooks and castles, posture magnetic, triko, ect. it's really worth the time to check it out.

also mocking bird station holds a place in my heart if im wanting to kill a few hours.

where is 4510?
if you're looking for vintage Lula B's and Dolly Python. Buffalo Exchange is good too but it's newer stuff

what type of food and prices ranges? there are a tons of good places

couturex said:
where is 4510?
if you're looking for vintage Lula B's and Dolly Python. Buffalo Exchange is good too but it's newer stuff

On McKinney ... take Knox from 75

Where is the Denim Bar?

Is Krimson & Klover really as great as people say it is?

Also, what are some must go to places in Plano? I'm moving to north Plano (from Arlington) and while I know Dallas pretty well, I'm not too sure about the north Plano/Frisco area.

^ Old downtown Plano is cute for Main Street type shopping. Willow Bend is a good outpost--NM & others there. It's close to work for me & I can pick up some basic things on my lunch hour ...

I dont know if this has been anounced oh here but
Valentino-NorthPark
Cartier
True Religion Jeans
Giorgio Armani
Juicy Couture-2nd Location Galleria
Harry Winston-Highland Park

I noticed diesel relocated to northpark from willowbend. I fear for the D&G store there I hope it doesnt close.

Ladies, are anyone of you showing up to Shecky's Girl's Night Out this Friday? I thought it would be lovely to see a couple of TFS-ers at this event. I loved this when I was in NYC and I am so glad they have decided to host one in Dallas.

I guess I'm giving this thread a bump ^_^

I'm going to be in Dallas next week on business and was wondering if there were any stores that locals could recommend for someone who like Isabel Marant...APC...that kind of thing.

Thanks in advance :flower:

^ Do you have Barney's where you are?

I'd recommend a couple things ... check out Northpark Center for the best luxury shopping in town in one spot, and there's also Knox-McKinney (just a short trip up 75) with Forty-Five Ten & lots of places to shop for home & gifts. Not to be missed are Froggies 5&10 and the Highland Park Pharmacy, with its original Deco soda fountain (I get a ham salad sandwich & chocolate malt).

You can Google Northpark & Forty-Five Ten for more information about each ... I am a bit of an impatient shopper so I like Northpark. It's hard to leave without what you came for. Lots of designers' boutiques + Barney's + our best Nordstrom (+ Neimans but I find that with the other options I don't need it anymore). I usually always make a trip to Froggies & neighborhood before Christmas. It's great for stocking stuffers & funny gifts. And good stuff for yourself, like kitchen matches in packaging that says "Smart women light the way" :wink:

Thanks. Yes, we have Barneys...Nordstrom...NM...Saks...etc...I was more curious about smaller boutiques (though this could just be wishful thinking and I may have NO time to do anything except work).

The soda fountain sounds very tempting though...^_^

Thanks. Yes, we have Barneys...Nordstrom...NM...Saks...etc...I was more curious about smaller boutiques (though this could just be wishful thinking and I may have NO time to do anything except work).

The soda fountain sounds very tempting though...^_^

Forty-Five Ten is a smaller boutique. They have McQueen, Alabama/Chanin, Moschino--I believe they also have a restaurant, as well as home & stationers. We have Bottega Veneta, Carolina Herrera, Valentino, Ferragamo, many designer boutiques ... we do have independent boutiques as well but I am not the best person to tell you about them because as I say, I like the one-stop shopping ... it's against all my values, what can I say :rolleyes: Not sure if D Magazine or Lucky publishes Dallas shopping info on their websites--they both print local shopping reviews. There is an appointment only shoe place that carries hard to find shoe lines. Operates seasonally, should be open now.

The soda fountain was even cooler before it changed hands recently, but the upside is extended hours. You could catch it at dinner as well as lunch.

PS 4510 also has a connection (or did) to someone local who does custom Italian shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexica
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->