Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) goes Nude

maghy7

Reaction score
Daniel Radcliffe will strip off his Harry Potter eyeglasses and robes for his London stage debut next year.The 17-year-old actor, who plays the bespectacled schoolboy wizard in the Hollywood adaptations of J.K. Rowling's novels, will star as a troubled stable boy in Peter Shaffer's "Equus."
The play delves into the psyche of a boy named Alan Strang who blinds six horses with a metal spike. The production is scheduled to open next March in the West End theater district, said spokesman Peter Thompson.
"It is an extraordinary play, and he's very much looking forward to the role," Radcliffe's spokeswoman, Vanessa Davies, said Friday. "He is maturing as an actor and beginning to take on new and challenging roles."
In one scene the actor playing Strang is required to simulate sexual ecstasy while riding a horse naked. But Davies said nudity was not the focus of the play.
Richard Griffiths, who plays Harry's Uncle Vernon in the films, is lined up to play the psychiatrist who interviews the troubled youth.
Radcliffe is now filming "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," the fifth installment in Harry's adventures, and recently finished shooting "December Boys," the story of four orphans who compete for adoption.
"Equus" opened in 1973 at London's National Theatre, before a successful run on Broadway starring Anthony Hopkins. Richard Burton starred in a 1977 film adaptation.

Taken from crienglish.com

Do you guys think he can pull this off?

I imagine it would be very difficult to simulate sexual esctacy while riding a horse naked on stage. I'm not sure if I want to see if he can pull it off or not:P

^^:lol: I totally agree about that peculiar part of the play....:censored: :D

^By 2007 he will be perfectly leagal in the US and he is already leagal in the UK I believe (17)

Ewwwww, this is one guy I wouldn't want to see nude.

boy, time flies. he's 17?! do you know the weird feeling when you realize the younger siblings of your former school friends are - grown ups?! now which means you yourself are - old. i don't want to think about the horse scene.

What bothers me is that people actually pay money to see a play where a naked guy gets off while riding horses......:huh:

" Sexual ecstasy while riding a horse naked ? That sounds like a winner!" :rolleyes:

it's a bold move...that's for sure...
it's an intense play- i remember when my parents went to see it on broadway...
it was THE play of the moment...
everyone was talking about it..i guess it was pretty racy...

i guess it's a good way to get press anyway...:P

*leonard nimoy was starring- not antony hopkins...:ermm:...

I guess he's thinking this would be a good way to show that he's all grown up and not just a "bespectacled schoolboy wizard." Nude and partaking in a bit of bestiality...:shock:

ahh! i had to read that play for theatre class...it was rather disturbing.

well male nudity on stage is not a good look- the audiences' attention always moves away from plot, dialogue et al to one thing.. personally i've never wanted to see harry potter's c**k!

^ Yes. I knew a girl who had a picture of Daniel Radcliffe without a shirt on her school binder. @_@ This thread instantly reminded me of her.

ummmm.so much for maturing... and what the hell "on a HORSE? SEXUAL ECSTASY"??!??!?! EWWWWWW. NOT THAT LITTLE BOY...

I just hope all those little Harry Potter fans don't find out about this. I don't want to explain to my 9 year-old cousin why Harry Potter is doing naked 'magic tricks' on a horse :doh:

^ it was only a matter of time before harry potter's magic wand was mentioned...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->