Dark Hair

Has anyone heard of those really dark purple highlights? I've got jet-black hair (which I actually love, as I've returned to it after years of auburn hair) but I'm just getting a little tired of the whole tint and was thinking of addinh some hightlights. However, I want to stay dark and I despise brown/red highlights, as ALL indian girls (in my area anyway) tend to have it.... so I was thinking deep purple. Not garish.... almost blending in with that blue-black hair. Does anyone have any ideas/pictures? I'd appreciate the input! :smile: :smile:

I've never heard of the deep purple highlights but I love dark hair, my hair is naturally jet black but I use Lush Caca Noir to make it even more black, I was thrilled when someone actually noticed my hair was darker! I think it looks so sexy and alluring and raven-like.

^Belle Princesse, where do you get the Lush Caca Noir? I, like you, love the dark jet-black hair... it goes particularly well with my olive skin.

^ hello, if u have those henna already, can u still dye your hair on those hennaed hair? i wanna try the marron one but i worry i can dye those hair later. :S

jjbunny79 said:
^ hello, if u have those henna already, can u still dye your hair on those hennaed hair? i wanna try the marron one but i worry i can dye those hair later. :S

NO. You cannot dye over henna, it will fry your hair, the chemicals in regular hair dyes react with the henna. :flower:

^ O_O ok good! now i will look for some other natural dye or somthin
thanks

NO. You cannot dye over henna, it will fry your hair, the chemicals in regular hair dyes react with the henna. :flower:

Actually you can dye over henna, if the henna you used was pure henna without any chemicals in it. I have done it succesfully several times.

Red suits my coloring quite well, so I would dye it from time to time different shades of red. But I always come back to dark brown/black. I think growing up with very dark hair has an effect on the brain. :innocent: Maybe it's the way people treat you with different hair colors. People tend to assume I'm moody with dark hair and will leave me alone. But with lightened hair, people will bother me when I'm not in the mood. :angry:

The big problem I had when I last dyed my hair was how it took several dyes to get it dark again, because it keeps washing out into an icky brown/red shade. I just dyed it again, perhaps 1 shade darker than my natural color, and I really like it. At first it looked like a bluish black, but after a few washes it looked great. And I can just lie and say it's natural. B) Hopefully this time it will stick.

^^ i just dyed my hair back to dark after several years of light brown/blondish hair. i understand. my hair has washed out into this golden brown but not as even as i wanted. i need to go and darken it again.

i think you're right about teh way people treat you different with what color your hair is. people were a lot friendlier to me when i had lighter hair. hah. it kind of sucks.

The big problem I had when I last dyed my hair was how it took several dyes to get it dark again, because it keeps washing out into an icky brown/red shade. I just dyed it again, perhaps 1 shade darker than my natural color, and I really like it. At first it looked like a bluish black, but after a few washes it looked great. And I can just lie and say it's natural. B) Hopefully this time it will stick.

I had the same problem when my hair was dark (I'm currently in the process of going back to blonde). It could be your shampoo. My stylist told me the shampoo I was using had sulfates which can strip colour. I switched to a shampoo without sulfates (Pureology Hydrate) and my colour lasted much longer.

I had the same problem when my hair was dark (I'm currently in the process of going back to blonde). It could be your shampoo. My stylist told me the shampoo I was using had sulfates which can strip colour. I switched to a shampoo without sulfates (Pureology Hydrate) and my colour lasted much longer.

Thank you! I'll look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->